Grandstream BT101 with Axon

knobby

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to set up my Grandstream BT101 to work with Axon? I have ExpressTalk working fine with Axon, and mt BT101 works great when connected directly to my Voip Provider. But I can't get the BT101 to work with Axon - It doesn't seem to make any attempt to register, and the display shows that it's not connected.

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to set up my Grandstream BT101 to work with Axon? I have ExpressTalk working fine with Axon, and mt BT101 works great when connected directly to my Voip Provider. But I can't get the BT101 to work with Axon - It doesn't seem to make any attempt to register, and the display shows that it's not connected.

Thanks

I have had no problem, what settings are you using?

I have had no problem, what settings are you using?

Hi Paul,

I used the default settings for the phone - I only changes the ID, password, proxy, etc. that were given by Axon for the extension number I want to use with the phone. I can post a screenshot of the settings when I get home at the weekend if that'll help.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I used the default settings for the phone - I only changes the ID, password, proxy, etc. that were given by Axon for the extension number I want to use with the phone. I can post a screenshot of the settings when I get home at the weekend if that'll help.

Thanks

try using the ip address of the axon computer, rather than the name - that seems to work on mine

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be having the same problem with my Grandstream GXP2000. Nothing (including changing the GXP2k's local SIP port to 5070 as per the last post) seems to be able to coax it to register with Axon.

Any of you gurus out there have suggestions for what to do next?

He helps those who help themselves...

I used Ethereal to sniff the packets going between Axon and the GXP2000. No matter what the setting was that got entered into the local SIP port for the GXP200, it would send its SIP packets to port 5060. Axon had been configured to listen on 5062 and hence no registration was being made. As soon as I changed Axon back to port 5060 the GXP200 registered immediately.

I note that in the advanced settings page of the GXP2000's web interface there is a field to specify the RTP port. The SIP port is specified on each of the four separate account pages, and these are logged in Axon as entered. Apparently, these Grandstream phones only send to SIP port 5060.

He helps those who help themselves...

I used Ethereal to sniff the packets going between Axon and the GXP2000. No matter what the setting was that got entered into the local SIP port for the GXP200, it would send its SIP packets to port 5060. Axon had been configured to listen on 5062 and hence no registration was being made. As soon as I changed Axon back to port 5060 the GXP200 registered immediately.

I note that in the advanced settings page of the GXP2000's web interface there is a field to specify the RTP port. The SIP port is specified on each of the four separate account pages, and these are logged in Axon as entered. Apparently, these Grandstream phones only send to SIP port 5060.

They work on other ports, too.

Put "AXON_IP_ADDRESS:AXON_PORT" in SIP Server box.

E.g. 192.168.1.100:5062

• 1 month later...