Uplink/Skype not talking

kspare

I can get calls in from skype and they will route to my linksys spa-9000 and out to the designated extension, but whats weird is when I dial out, it shows that a sip call has been placed and skype does nothing. But if I go into skype and dial a number or connect to someone it will connect the call.

Anyone have a clue whats going on here? running xp pro sp2

Hi,

Try shutting down both skype and uplink. Then start Skype followed by Uplink. See if that works.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben, that didn't help.

If someone calls me on skype, it will route the call properly. If I try ti dial out on my IP phone via my linksys pbs, uplink sees the sip call but skype doesn't do anything. If I manually dial the call it will go through though.

Did you try placeing the +1 in the dialing plan's prepend for the uplink? (This is in Axon software) The +1 is fur dialing USA for others you would need to see what skype uses for dialing that country code, i would assume it would be the regular code.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the particular PBX you are using but it sounds as though it may be sending the wrong number to Skype. You can have a look at your SIP logs and see if the correct number is being sent to Skype. You can access the logs at

[Drive]:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\uplink\Logs

See if you can get any extra information from that log.

Mine does not have any logs for uplink. Axon is the free PBX from NCH

I know when you use skpye by it self it always has a + sign and the code when you dial directly, so some how you would need to make your pbx put the +1 before it dails or skype will never dial.

be

also before i did this i had the same issue.

Well I am playing around with bouncing calls from my pbx, through axon and then through uplink. I had to add a + to the dialing plan in axon as well to get it working. Would be nice if you could configure some of these things right in uplink?

Am I correct in understanding that you have it working now?

It's a bit hard preconfiguring Uplink because people are using it for different reasons. I think I may look at putting in a few wizard based configurations to help people get started - especially for the more common usages.

Cheers,

Ben

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. ive configured everything to work with my IP PBX and it is working. when i try to make a call everything works up untill uplink2 skype. it sais "incoming SIP call" but skype does nothing. is there no way of making uplink2skype to add the +1 on all outgoing calls?

or is that even the problem? becasude if its not etting the +1 skype should try to dial anyways even if it then shows an error. it just seems that skype is not talking to uplink

Please advice

I came to this conclusion.

For the the effort and hours you will put into this. Total waste of time. I came upon www.sipphone.com for the few bucks it costs to use their service I just went with it instead.

It's also a sip compliant service so I just had zero problems.

After a great deal of puzzling, I've added the '+' and country code as a prepend entry in the default dial plan in the Axon web control panel, for any calls routed to the 'Uplink Sip to Skype' line, and it works. It's a bit of a pity that such an important step is not included in the documentation. So: thanks very much to those in this forum who came up with the solution.

After a great deal of puzzling, I've added the '+' and country code as a prepend entry in the default dial plan in the Axon web control panel, for any calls routed to the 'Uplink Sip to Skype' line, and it works. It's a bit of a pity that such an important step is not included in the documentation. So: thanks very much to those in this forum who came up with the solution.

In skype, you can alway input "00" intead of "+"

There is no need for “added the '+' and country code as a prepend entry in the default dial plan in the Axon web control panel"

If you want to send "+61xxxxxxxxx" to skype, just dial "0061xxxxxxxxx".