audio skips in OGMs

cfh

I recently purchased IVM and am trying to setup things using a SHT 2B USB version CAHTA Board. I'm just setting up a simple tiered phone ordering menu, "leave your info, press # to continue" several step sort of setup. Problem is the audio of my outgoing messages seem to randomly "skip" when testing things over a phone, although they test fine when using the IVM's simulator. For instance if I had an OGM stating "please leave your credit card number after the tone" that line would play fine in the IVM simulator, but once I tried calling in from a phone line the OGM might sound like "leave number tone", which obviously doesn't fair well for my purposes. I've tried recording my OGMs to a number of formats, bit rates, and compression settings, as well as recording them directly in IVM. After reading thru 19 pages of information here I haven't found anything regarding my problem. Any info would be tremendously appreciated, so thanks in advance...

Just an added note, I get the sames jumps in OGM audio if I'm testing my setup using NCH's dowloaded template OGMs as well.

Let me ask you, are you running any other processes on the machine while you are doing this? How many lines are you running? I have had a similiar problem, but I only had the problems when I was doing something like watching streaming videos on the internet, or doing something else on the machine. I now use a dedicated machine, and that seemed to solve the problem. Try making several calls into the IVM, and see if it happens on ALL the calls or just some of them.

David Slaton

Let me ask you, are you running any other processes on the machine while you are doing this? How many lines are you running? I have had a similiar problem, but I only had the problems when I was doing something like watching streaming videos on the internet, or doing something else on the machine. I now use a dedicated machine, and that seemed to solve the problem. Try making several calls into the IVM, and see if it happens on ALL the calls or just some of them.

David Slaton

Hi, I have the same problem on win xp, pentium 3 Ghz, 512 RAM. PC is running SNMP management server, but I don't believe it lacks in resources. Before I was using IVM v3.04 on older machine with win 2000 and voice modem and never found such chopping sound. Tommorow I will try to stop some services on that pc and assign high priority on IVM process, will see if it helps.

It looks like new IVM v4.0 is not a stable version, I would call it beta.

Hi, I have the same problem on win xp, pentium 3 Ghz, 512 RAM. PC is running SNMP management server, but I don't believe it lacks in resources. Before I was using IVM v3.04 on older machine with win 2000 and voice modem and never found such chopping sound. Tommorow I will try to stop some services on that pc and assign high priority on IVM process, will see if it helps.

It looks like new IVM v4.0 is not a stable version, I would call it beta.

Nothing helps, even high priority for IVM process. The problem is with communication between IVM and Synway SHT-8B/PCI I believe, because VOIP calls do not give audio skips at all.

• 3 weeks later...
I recently purchased IVM and am trying to setup things using a SHT 2B USB version CAHTA Board. I'm just setting up a simple tiered phone ordering menu, "leave your info, press # to continue" several step sort of setup. Problem is the audio of my outgoing messages seem to randomly "skip" when testing things over a phone, although they test fine when using the IVM's simulator. For instance if I had an OGM stating "please leave your credit card number after the tone" that line would play fine in the IVM simulator, but once I tried calling in from a phone line the OGM might sound like "leave number tone", which obviously doesn't fair well for my purposes. I've tried recording my OGMs to a number of formats, bit rates, and compression settings, as well as recording them directly in IVM. After reading thru 19 pages of information here I haven't found anything regarding my problem. Any info would be tremendously appreciated, so thanks in advance...

I have not gotten as far but I will check it out to see if I can help you.

I just purchased the same board a few weeks ago. I can't make it do Blind Call Transfers.

Have you been able to do it?

Olga

• 1 month later...
there is a bug in ivm software, I tested new version, received from support and it does not skip beginning of message, but sometimes skips middle of message. It happens about once in a five calls.

I am also seeing the same problem with the skipped middle in the message. I am also unable to do blind transfers with my Toshiba system. I took an analog phone and tested it and it does work from the phone but not from the card which is the same card listed in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone come up with a resolution? I am using IVM 4.01 w/a CAHTA board w/latest drivers (4.7.1.9).

I'm using a 3-line huntgroup to play a pre-recorded message.

I get dropouts... and the IVM won't detect caller hang-up either. I'm ready to look for alternate solutions. Anyone else start with NCH but then found a better solution?

Thanks

first of all you are using old drivers, latest one seems to be 4.7.3. There is still bug waiting to be resolved. Also check format of audio file, it should be 64 Kbps, 8000 Hz, 1 channel, 0x6 = CCITT A-law coder.

• 1 month later...

This is indeed a boring issue.

NCH recommends to buy this telephony board but does not sya anything about that problem.

Why do they still recommend it if there are so many users that encounter probelms?

Why dont they take part in this discussion?

Would love to know their explanation....