ringtones

jimster

If you can get the file on to your computer you'll most likely be in luck, if not then unfortunately you won't be able to convert it with your phone. What format is the ringtone? Switch itself can't perform conversions to MMF but the good thing is that Switch will be very helpful in creating the MMF files you'll need. I wrote a small explanation of how you could go about trying to convert the file if it is compatible with Switch. You can check detailed information on the file formats Switch supports here.

2cqo4tk.png

This file is the official tool released by Yamaha for conversion from WAV/AIFF to MMF. It requires no installation, you only need to run (open) the executable (program file) to use it.

Shown above is what the program will look like when you run it. It's only small because it was made to perform a very simple task, but you don't need this tool to be entirely complex anyway... That's what Switch is for. :P

333aefk.png

Now, the Yamaha executable itself can't convert from say, Mp3 to WAV... So you'll need to use Switch to do that Import whatever files you want to eventually make in to your ringtones in to Switch and set the Output Format to ".wav" I'm using my "Stairway To Heaven" Mp3 as an example here for you.

33be6v7.png

And I would suggest using these options in Encoder Settings (by selecting "CD Quality" from the dropdown menu) Click "Ok" here when you've got the settings how you'd like them and then hit Convert on the main Switch window when you're ready.

2s8s9wg.png

Ok, now go to where the output .wav file is and physically use your cursor to drag and drop it in to the Yamaha tool.

315eqzn.png

After a few seconds of loading you'll see something like this then it's just as simple as clicking "ok" in and then waiting a few seconds for the conversion to take place... The output file will appear in the same folder as the .wav file was.

Unfortunately this tool isn't entirely as elaborate enough to have incorporated progress meters, so it's very important to be patient and I really have to warn you against downloading any applications you might find elsewhere that claim to be able to make MMF conversions... A lot of them are dodgy and/or virus-ridden rip-offs. This way is probably the most simple and safest way of converting to MMF.

Good luck, man. Feel free to post back if you have any problems or need any more help.

If you can get the file on to your computer you'll most likely be in luck, if not then unfortunately you won't be able to convert it with your phone. What format is the ringtone? Switch itself can't perform conversions to MMF but the good thing is that Switch will be very helpful in creating the MMF files you'll need. I wrote a small explanation of how you could go about trying to convert the file if it is compatible with Switch. You can check detailed information on the file formats Switch supports here.

Good luck, man. Feel free to post back if you have any problems or need any more help.

Hello. can you advise me on how to convert MP3 file to RTTTL - for a ringtone on my cell phone? Thanks. Ron

Hi, ronron.

The RTTTL ringtone format is only capable of producing simple beep (monophonic) ringtones, sadly Mp3 or any other digital audio sound files cannot be converted to that particular format because RTTTL simply just isn't capable of producing 'realistic' sounds, only consecutive tones and beeps.