HIDWatch.dll file

Guest Erin Girard

Guest Erin Girard

I have installed Express Scribe and am using an Infinity USB foot pedal. The setup error message tells me that I need to download the HIDWatch.dll from this site, however, I cannot find it anywhere. I did download and run the VECUSB file, but that did not create the HIDWatch.dll file the program is looking for. Can anyone help me?

• 3 weeks later...
I finally found a link from Transcriber Depot http://www.transcriberdepot.com/downloads.html

To download the HIDWatch.dll file. Just in case anyone else needed help, since I have yet to hear back from the Tech Support here.

i have a slightly different problem - also with no repsonse from tech support. my computer suddenly cannot recognize the vec usb foot pedals.

when attempting to start express scribe, i get an error message that the foot pedals are not detected. i have switched to all of my usb ports and get the same message. i have downloaded both the file mentioned above and the vec usb foot pedal driver from the express scribe website, and once i run the .exe file for the driver am given a message that the driver installation was succcessful.

the same message that the foot pedals are not detected occurs if i continue to the foot pedal setup wizard. i took the express scribe software as well as the driver from express scribe's website to my son's computer and received the same message. lastly, in my system tray there is an unplug device icon as soon as i plug in the foot pedal, but clicking on the properties and finding that a new updated driver is needed only gets me back to where i started, with the update driver program stopping without completion and the message that the driver update failed.

this is very odd because i have been using this foot pedal for several months with no problems at all. tech support thus far has not responded. anyone else have a similar problem or a suggestion? obviously i need the foot pedal for work and am having real trouble using the hot keys.

A BIG THANKS to anyone with some advice.

• 3 weeks later...
I have installed Express Scribe and am using an Infinity USB foot pedal.  The setup error message tells me that I need to download the HIDWatch.dll from this site, however, I cannot find it anywhere.  I did download and run the VECUSB file, but that did not create the HIDWatch.dll file the program is looking for.  Can anyone help me?

This file is not required by the current and future versions of Express Scribe, which is why it has been removed from the website. If you are seeing a message telling you to download HIDWatch.dll then you are using an earlier version of Scribe. Go to www.nch.com.au/scribe/index.html and download and install the latest Express Scribe release.

• 3 weeks later...
i have a slightly different problem - also with no repsonse from tech support.  my computer suddenly cannot recognize the vec usb foot pedals. 

when attempting to start express scribe, i get an error message that the foot pedals are not detected.  i have switched to all of my usb ports and get the same message.  i have downloaded both the file mentioned above and the vec usb foot pedal driver from the express scribe website, and once i run the .exe file for the driver am given a message that the driver installation was succcessful. 

the same message that the foot pedals are not detected occurs if i continue to the foot pedal setup wizard.  i took the express scribe software as well as the driver from express scribe's website to my son's computer and received the same message.  lastly, in my system tray there is an unplug device icon as soon as i plug in the foot pedal, but clicking on the properties and finding that a new updated driver is needed only gets me back to where i started, with the update driver program stopping without completion and the message that the driver update failed.

this is very odd because i have been using this foot pedal for several months with no problems at all.  tech support thus far has not responded.  anyone else have a similar problem or a suggestion?  obviously i need the foot pedal for work and am having real trouble using the hot keys.

A BIG THANKS to anyone with some advice.

I have come across the exact problem with the VEC USB pedal. I was using my pedal before Christmas and after a little break came back to use it and I am receiving all the same messages as you are. I have checked all USB ports, downloaded, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried another computer, etc, etc all to no avail.

Any answers out there. Hot Keys are ok but if they were workable, we wouldn't need the pedals!

• 3 months later...
Guest Karen

I am having this problem in May 2005 obviously still not fixed, anyone get any answers to this.

Express scribe wil not respond in the set up wizard to my VEC USB pedal

any help would be great. <_<

Guest unregistered

hey anyone come here and try to help the people with problems with the program. or is this just for reading pleasure?

• 3 years later...
HIDWatch.dll is no longer used in Express Scribe.

You are using a very old version of Express Scribe. Just download the newer version from the Express Scribe Transcription Software Download Page.

Hi, I am in the same position as the previous writer. I however do have the old version installed because the new version cuts off my original recording length by half. Leaving me only a part of what needs to be transcribed. So installing the old version has solved that problem. However now I learn that the HIDwatch.dll is no longer available to get the Infinity food pedals to work. I went to the site:http://www.transcriberdepot.com/downloads.html and it shows Page not found.

Can anyone help me find a solution?

Hope so.....

Brownie

• 1 year later...
Guest N.C.H a.n

Hi, I am in the same position as the previous writer. I however do have the old version installed because the new version cuts off my original recording length by half. Leaving me only a part of what needs to be transcribed. So installing the old version has solved that problem. However now I learn that the HIDwatch.dll is no longer available to get the Infinity food pedals to work. I went to the site:http://www.transcriberdepot.com/downloads.html and it shows Page not found.

Can anyone help me find a solution?

Hope so.....

Brownie

Hi,

HIDWatch.dll is attached for yas.

password is 123

hidwatch.zip

The way I got it was

- entered web archive into google and went to the wayback machine

- Then entered the address http://www.transcriberdepot.com/downloads.html

- When the archived sites were found I went into one and downloaded the file.

Have fun guys and happy transcribing. :)

Guest N.C.H a.n

Hi,

HIDWatch.dll is attached for yas.

password is 123

hidwatch.zip

The file goes in the scribe folder. by default c:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\SCRIBE

The way I got it was

- entered web archive into google and went to the wayback machine

- Then entered the address http://www.transcriberdepot.com/downloads.html

- When the archived sites were found I went into one and downloaded the file.

Have fun guys and happy transcribing. :)