Foot Pedals

PemberJennyA

Hi, Can anybody help me please. I've bought some foot pedals Olympus RS24 to use with Express Scribe which I have installed on my computer. I now find that Express Scribe doesn't generally support Olympus pedals so I'm a bit upset, having also spent money buying a USB adaptor as pedals have serial connection. Any suggestions! :(

Hi, Can anybody help me please. I've bought some foot pedals Olympus RS24 to use with Express Scribe which I have installed on my computer. I now find that Express Scribe doesn't generally support Olympus pedals so I'm a bit upset, having also spent money buying a USB adaptor as pedals have serial connection. Any suggestions! :(

Hope I'm not stating the obvious here, but in setting up your pedal with the serial port (I'm assuming you have serial port available on your PC) did you select COM1 (Serial)? If you only have USB, maybe Olympus has a special driver. I do not know the Olympus pedals nor do I know if you serial port on your PC. Worst case scenario, only if you have serial port, is to rewire directly from the switches inside to a DB-9 female connector - Pin1 = Switch 1, Pin4 = Ground, Pin7 = Switch 3, Pin9 = Switch 2. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

From various customer reports it would appear that Olympus foot pedals will not work with Express Scribe. Pedals that will work can be purchased by following the prompts from: http://www.nch.com.au/hardware/pedals.html.

The Olympus RS23 and RS24 foot pedals definitely do not work with Express Scribe and we have no reason to believe that the RS25 or RS26 will either. We would like to offer this capability for Olympus foot pedal owners but unfortunately this is not possible because we have been unable to obtain required technical information from Olympus.

• 9 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I upgraded to Windows 10, then of course had to purchase an upgrade for my professional version of Express Scribe but now with one month of Silver service

but my VEC Infinity IN-USB-1 foot pedal will not work with this version despite it being on the supported list for professional license. I cannot find a direct link to send

this to my technical support that I also purchased (Silver service for one month) when I purchased the upgraded professional license. Help!! I have work to get done.

Thanks,

TMH