Rm to mp3

Guest E9B6

Irrespective of the setting in switch, all the mp3 files are coming out mono. I have also converted the same files with dbpoweramp, and they are stereo. Where is the setting to adjust this. the converter settings of stereo or joint still come out mono. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nobody

I also have tried various settings and can only get mono mp3. I need a command-line converter and this looks like it, plus the price is right (thanks!), but if it only does mono, I can't use it at all. Hope this can be fixed...

• 2 weeks later...

Tried converting RM to WAV and then converting the WAV file to MP3 - guess what - stereo.

So while the problem is being resolved, it can be done as a two stage process - cumbersome but still a lot faster than dbpoweramp.

:D

• 4 weeks later...

I have the opposite problem. I am converting .rm files to MP3 and I want mono because they are talk radio, but it makes everything stereo even though I selected mono. The same thing happened with express rip when I tried to rip some talk radio that I had recorded as WAV files and burned to .cda

Tried converting RM to WAV and then converting the WAV file to MP3 - guess what - stereo.

So while the problem is being resolved, it can be done as a two stage process - cumbersome but still a lot faster than dbpoweramp.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

ok, mono -> stereo converting is not a bug, but stereo -> mono is a bug, and has been fixed.

re: mono -> stereo

we decided to not allow this, because it makes no sense - there is no extra information included into your mp3 files, all it does is take the existing mono channel and duplicates it. What you end up with is the one channel duplicated, the mp3 file size doubled, and you have effectively not gained anything new in terms of the audio.

ok, mono -> stereo converting is not a bug, but stereo -> mono is a bug, and has been fixed.

:)

That's great - is it now in the version 1.4 or is there an upgrade due shortly?

Thanks for the attention paid to this matter.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vince

Hi,

I just would like to know what is the difference between the full version and the free version of switch ?

Thanks for your asnwer

For any particular feature, if you look it up in the switch help documentation, it will say "Switch Plus feature" if the feature is available in the commercial version only. If it doesn't say "Switch Plus feature" that means the feature is in the free version.