Recorded audio and downloaded stock sounds fail to work after saving file and reopening

Loris

Hi

I'm experiencing a recurrent problem on Videopad. Audio narrative that I have recorded using the 'Add Narration' function as well as stock sounds seem to work fine when I am working on the draft in Videopad. But as soon as I save the file, close down Videopad and come back to the file the audio is missing.

The files are not showing any coloured waveform (which was there previously) but look empty/black.

Video tracks are working fine (I used a template 'Stacks' and made adjustments as it wasn't exactly what I needed).

Need urgent help with this as I bought this software for a specific project and there is a deadline approaching next week. I have already wasted a lot of time redoing the audio once.

The only thing I can think of is this: is there a specific folder on my hard drive that the sounds/audio need to be saved in, in order for the software to find them again when opening up?

Thanks a mil!

Loris

Narration files are stored on the PC in the MUSIC folder, unless you have changed the path under OPTIONS | DISK tab.

Ran a test with Stacks, added narration, then Saved Project Files AS.  That created a VPJ control file (not playable).  Closed Videopad.  When the VPJ was double-clicked the project loaded back into VP exactly as it had been when saved, narration intact.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.

What version of Videopad is being used?  Test the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.