Video is dark after cut

kgeoffrey

I am experiencing a strange problem. This is my first video with VideoPad. I am using VideoPad v. 8.63 on Win 7 64.

My main video begins with normal DSLR video on Video track 1 for about 7 seconds. I have two additional audio tracks - one is voice (in addition to the voice recorded on the video track from the camera), the other is background music.

Then on Video track 2, I have an MP4 logo animation for about 5 seconds. Video track 1 is empty under Video track 2 at this point in the sequence.

Then the main video (track 1) comes back in with the main video. Everything looks normal while in VideoPad.

The problem occurs in the exported video. I am exporting as MP4, high quality, H264, HD, constant 29.97 fps, subtitles hidden.

The video starts great, the animation looks great. When it cuts back to the main video, it is immediately darker than it should be and slowly fades to normal brightness over about the next 5 seconds.

I am not using any video effects or transitions. The only effect I am using is the amplification effect on the audio.

Thank you for your help!

Let's check it out.  Sharing the project is easy, quick and can be private.  Just follow these simple steps.  Don't upload the export or simply the VPJ file - upload the numbered project folder, which contains all the source files.

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click SHARE. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link."  Then click on COPY LINK.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I am using Windows Media Player

ell, that is super weird. You're right. Looks fine on youtube on the same computer, and on my laptop.

So sorry to bother you with this. Thank you for looking at it.

If you can recommend a different Win 7 player, I would appreciate it. Thanks again!

• borate changed the title to Video is dark after cut (RESOLVED)

Same thing happens in MPC-BE. It must be my monitor somehow. I can see it start to adjust to brightness toward darker at the end of the animation, which is bright, then after it goes back to normal video, it starts to re-adjust the brightness. As far as I know, I have no brightness sensors on this monitor. Plus, it plays fine in YouTube on this monitor. I guess I'll keep investigating. Thanks for your help!

• borate changed the title to Video is dark after cut