Problem with video after exporting

Kip53

I have made a "collage" of 16 videos and made them into one and after exporting some of them just freeze in place till the video ends. When I was previewing my work in editor nothing froze, only after exporting. Anyone knows how to fix this?

What version of Videopad is being used?  Try the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Try exporting at a lower resolution.  What are the export settings.  How long is the project, how many tracks, and what's the resolution of the bulk of the source files?

If you share your project someone will check it out.  This is easy, takes little time and can be private.  Follow these instructions...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export or just the VPJ file.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click SHARE. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link."  Then click on COPY LINK.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

What Version of Videopad is being used?  Does it freeze in preview or only after exporting?  What are the export settings?

What is the resolution of the bulk of the source files?

Try this version.  https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/vppsetup.exe

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

I have just exported a very nice video in avi format. It plays fine in preview. It has three separate pieces of audio in the audio track - they came in as mp3. On VLC all is perfect until it reaches the third piece of audio music which is then muted. When I play it on Win Med Player all comes out fine. Any suggestions?

• borate changed the title to Problem with video after exporting (RESOLVED)
3 hours ago, borate said:

Best to start a new thread since this is a somewhat different issue.  Please upload and share the exported file so others can test it.

The video is 120MB and my internet is extremely slow. I'll do that when I'm less busy as the issue isn't urgent. Thanks anyway.

58 minutes ago, borate said:

Very fine.  Try another player, such as MPC, WMP, etc.   Please begin a new thread if you pursue this.

Yes, I used Windows Media Player - worked perfectly. Tried downloading latest VLC but same problem remains. As I say not an urgent matter! Many thanks for all your help.

• borate changed the title to Problem with video after exporting