Still Images not visible in exported Video

Shisa

I have used a combination of video clips and still images (.jpg) with transitions and two audio tracks (a narration and a BGM) to create a video. However, during export (which I can only do in AVI and WMW format, since I'm trying out the free/home version), the resulting WMW video showed no video at all, just the audio tracks played. In AVI, some of the images and transitions were shown, while during others black/blank screen was shown. Some cases, if an image is supposed to be visible for say 10 sec, screen is blank for the first 8 seconds, and then suddenly at the end that image will pop up. This was happening in video preview as well, though not initially. This only started happening in preview after I'd been working on the project for a couple hours. Tried closing the program, opening again. Tried exporting multiple times. Not sure why this is happening and what I can do to correct this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi

Export as AVi. Export options are limited in the free version and WMV may not play in some viewers. Save your project regularly and you can always get it back if things go wrong. (Use Save Project As...... This will save you work at different stages if you use a recognizable name each time.)

Question: Are all your clips/images on the same track without gaps between them?  Even with gaps images will play for the default time shown under Options/media .

What transitions have you used. If your project previewed correctly it would normally export OK but this appears not to have been the case which is unusual

What player are you using? Does the exported project play correctly when loaded back to VP?

Nat

• 2 months later...

I am using 8.91 and having the issue of jpg images not showing in the exported video. I have several jpg pics, which have been used more than once across multiple tracks. Their original duration was 3s, but in the various tracks they have been extended, and all appear correctly in the sequence preview for the correct lengths. But in the exported videos they don't appear at all.

As a side note, in the preview the images all have grey borders appearing around them, even though there is no such border in the original pic.

*EDIT - I created an empty file with just a jpg on top of a blank (separate tracks) and it exported fine, so there must be something different about my original project file.

Take a minute to share the project, either here or in private.  Someone will check it out and, likely, suggest a quick fix.  Just follow these steps...

• With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  • Locate the saved, numbered folder, NOT the exported or VPJ file.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
  •  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
  •  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum and privately message it to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I found three solutions:

1. delete the blank object on the underlying track

2. delete the video (30fps) beneath the blank object and keep the blank object

3. delete the other video track with 28.97 fps

So the problem could be:

a) the combination of the blank object and the underlying video, or

b) having two video tracks of different fps 

I will message you the project privately, shortly.

So to follow up. Originally the problem was solved by changing the jpg files to png files. This worked so the images would properly export. After working in the project for a day or so, suddenly some (not all) of the png images stopped exporting. It seems v 8.91 is inconsistent with its handling of exporting some objects. If Borate can verify this using the back up I messaged him with, that would at least confirm it isn't just a problem with my computer.

In the meantime, I reverted to v 8.45 and voila! Everything is exporting properly now.