Shake effect bug

User9376

Hey, I need help, uh last time before i had the professional version of Videopad, the Shake effect worked perfectly fine. But then when I started using the extra features one, the shake effect wouldn't shake with other effects e.g. Negative. Then a couple days later, the shake effect wouldn't work AT ALL for me. I rlly don't get it lol. Pls help

Look at the start-up screen, or at the bottom-left of the window.  What version of Videopad is this?  Does it occur in preview on only after export?

What do you mean by "the extra features one?"  Shake is working normally in recent versions.

Test this release. Ignore any virus warnings.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi

If you are using the Shake option in the Old Film effect then make sure you have ticked the Enable box otherwise you won't see the effect. I am presuming that you are referring to the "extra features" of this option (spots/lines/flicker etc.)

As far as I can see the normal  Shake EFFECT  is working here in VP8.71

Nat

SHAKE combined with OLD FILM (with all its options checked) does seem to be a bit erratic.  At times a minimal shake appears only during a portion of the clip, at others not at all.

If this is your issue, tinker with the SHAKE settings.

On 8/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, Nationalsolo said:

If you are using the Shake option in the Old Film effect then make sure you have ticked the Enable box otherwise you won't see the effect.

No i just use the normal shake effect not the old film one.

I use Version 8.67

So when I applied the shake effect it would work for like the first couple seconds, but if I start the video from a time apart from the shake (like a minute before the shake effect), the shake effect wouldn't work.

And 'the extra features one' is the professional version i think, or the version which allows you to use greenscreen.

Also I tried out the 'Test this release' version of video pad and it seems to work (the shake) so far.

Hi

VP 8.67

There does seem to be a bug with the stand alone Shake effect. Using two clips on the timeline and applying the effect to the second clip using the default values (10,10,0,10), it seems to work OK. Replaying from the previous clip and it still works OK.

If, however you think the default values are too vigorous and decide to change the 10 to say, a 5  the effect is lost and Shake does not play any longer.  The effect does not appear to play even if the parameters are altered before the clips are played.

My conclusion at the moment is that the effect will not work except for the default settings. Even if you alter the values back to 10,10,0,10 the effect is still lost.

As you seem to have it working check out if it STILL works if the parameters are altered slightly.

Nat

@User9376 Sorry for a slow response, but I can indeed confirm that this should be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, a usable work-around is un-ticking the "Use hardware-accelerated video effects" checkbox in Options (you can bring up the Options dialog with Ctrl+Shift+O, or just press the Options button on the home toolbar). This might make other effects slower to process, but that would be the only downside.

SM 2.PNG