Importing Large files to Video Pad

dungeon

Greetings from SE Ireland

I record 20 sec clips in HD or full HD video on my camera.  Files could be over 30 mb each.  Is there a limit on the number of such clips the software will facilitate and will video pad be powerful enough support these large files and output result in HD quality. I'm a ignorant on these matters so I hope I have articulated my question adequately. I just want to make simple videos without fancy effects or transitions.

Thank you for any support you can offer me.

Stay well and safe.

Just to give you a data point...

I routinely import ~1 hour long TS files recorded at 1080p @ 60FPS. These files generally run in the 6-8 gb range. In addition, I also add various ancillary files (which are much shorter and smaller) consisting of AVI, MP4, and WAV files. VP handles all this without any issues (in terms of import and editing). Based on that, I would think it should be able to handle 20 second clips just fine. I don't know if there is a limit on the number you can import (the most I've imported on a single project is in the neighborhood of 15 clips).

I think there is a trial version you could test out with, if you want to be sure before you purchase a license. Borate can probably give you more info.

There's no import file number limitation and there should be no issues when working with 720, 1080 or 1440 HD.

2160 files can perform as well.  But if a 1440 or UHD project is lengthy, or has multiple tracks and effects, you would be well advised to break it into segments...

Edit a segment, export it, view it to confirm accuracy, then edit another.  When all are completed, import the segments into VP, merge them and export the final output.

At each step and routinely for any session, save Project Files AS, giving it a unique # or name, so as to avoid overwriting earlier saves.  Then a project can be restored to the time it was saved by opening a VPJ file.  If you use Save Project Files (no AS), the earlier file will be overwritten.  VPJ files are not playable.

Thank you both for your invaluable assistance.

My camera records Full Hd 1920x1080 24fps or HD 1280x720 24fps.so by the sounds of thing I should be OK?

I have edited a segment (using trial version)with the Full hd (about 22x 20sec clips) and was happy. But I will probably work with the 720. So I think I will go ahead and order.

Stay safe everybody and thank you.