Video Portion of Clip Won't Play When Exported

usna81dap

I created a project with slides, music and video. It all works on the project pad but when I export the project as a video file the video portion of the clip is blank. The audio portion is fine, the music works, and all of the transitions work. There just isn't any video where there should be video. The video clip was created by my Canon TSi camera. It works fine when played as a stand-alone video. When I play the preview of the project, it works fine as well. It's only when I go to export the file that the video portion goes blank. I'm at a loss, PLEASE HELP!

What version of Videopad is being used?  Upgrade to the latest if possible.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If that doesn't take care of the issue, let's have a look.  Please share the project (not the export).  It's easy, quick and can be private.  Just follow these steps and upload the project folder - not simply the VPJ file.

1. With your completed project on the timeline, click the 3-lined 'hamburger' menu, top-left.  Click FILE | BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Specify a folder.  Click SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Using the PC file manager, go to where the numbered folder was saved and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link that ANYone can view.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thanks for sharing your project.  Download and install this VP version and you should be good to go.  Ignore any virus warnings.

Suggest exporting at 1920 x 1080.  Choose that manually.  No need for the very high resolution that is suggested by 'auto-match.'.

You might also want to make two lines out of the text at approximately 11:31 as it's overshooting the frame.

Other text might be reduced in size slightly.  Drop back here if problems persist.

Please leave your files on the server for a week or so, if possible, for examination by the developers.

I am having the same issue. Here is a Google Drive folder link to see the project.

It is a very simple video with a few title and text frames, a short how-to video and an ending frame.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EE_Ow4oCvfDqke5MOASlQmV-kBLqcgFR?usp=sharing

I tried the fix above for using another version of Videopad, and IT WORKED.

My video exported perfectly and looks really good (for an amateur.)

Thank you forum folks!

• borate changed the title to Video Portion of Clip Won't Play When Exported