MOTU UltraLite Hybrid Mk3 track assign

DickT

I am having problems with VideoPad and the MOTU input device for which I am getting excellent support. However, I also have issues with the UltraLite in MixPad. The UL has 8 analogue inputs of which I wish to use 4, two vocals and two instruments. MixPad sees the input device but not all the individual inputs and only records input 1. I cannot assign inputs to specific tracks so cannot multi-track record. Has anyone any experience of this and can give me a fix?

Many thanks for any help,

Dick.

Hello, and in order to record from multichannel devices, you would need to select the option to use the ASIO driver from your ultraLite interface. 

To set audio options that are specific to an individual track, select the track and click either the 'Audio Options' button under the 'Recording' tab or click the 'wrench icon' button to the right in the track's control panel. To set up recording using an audio device, select the Record using an audio device option and select the device you want to record. You can specify whether to record as mono or stereo and if the device can record multi-channel you can specify which two channels will be recorded.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that. Your last sentence seems to imply that MixPad will only accept two channels at a time e.i.it will not simultaneously record all the inputs available on the sound card. I will follow your instructions and see how it goes.

Dick.

I have tried as Chris said and can select the UltraLite in Audio Options but there is no option to assign the inputs to specific tracks as in a DAW. Can MixPad do this or is it only mono or stereo in?

Dick.