Overlaying Text not showing in video when exported

Jonny D

Hi there

I am new to Videopad but have mastered a basic grasp of a simple edit - great software by the way

However, I am having issues with overlaying text - they appear on the Video Track 2 above my clip sequence, and play fully in the preview - but do not show up AT ALL on the exported video file.

Please can you offer any advice ?

Update to this version and see if the issue goes away.  If not, come back here and we'll look into it.  Keep in mind...

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Thanks Borate - just updated to your version (the version I have been working on was from a link on NCH Software Registration email yesterday)

The text still doesn't appear on the exported version - did you want me to PM you a Dropbox link to the fil ?

Absolutely.  We'll take a look.  Something is screwy...

Upload the project, not the export.  Here's how...

1. With your project on the timeline, click the 3-lined 'hamburger' menu, top-left.  Click FILE | BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Specify a folder.  Click SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Using the PC file manager, go to where the numbered folder was saved and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public, non-restricted link.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Overlaying Text not showing in video when exported