Program makes track titles the same for disk 2 of a 2 disk set

LO2U

When I use express rip to burn a 2 (or more) CD set the track titles for disk 2 come up as the titles for disk 1. I have been making 2 folders to rip the files and then go back in and retype the correct track titles...ugh!

Help me O Express Rip Gods!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine also is doing this. In addition to that, if I'm burning a CD that has numerous artists on it instead of just one, it puts "Various Artists" on the filename instead of the individual artist for that song. So in that case, I STILL have to manually edit the filenames afterwards. If this can't be fixed as well as the original issue listed here, I will have to find another software to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Express Rip  today. Ripped 6 discs.  Numbers 2 thru 6 had the same tracks listed as disc 1  Had to re-type every track to complete the job. Now, if I open Express Rip , the tracks are listed same as on the very first disc. Didn't even have a disc in the drive. Not sure the $30.00 was very well spent.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here, not reading from a double CD the info,

but only first CD and it will not change after inserting the second CD.

I decided not to read the titles with this tool, put it off in options,

but later on using Tag & Rename to find the CD and put the track and CD info

• 2 months later...

This issue with the disc 2 not reading the right information for the tracks has already been reported to the developers.  Sadly, NCH Software does not have an estimated when the issue would be addressed. But, if you want to be notified when there is a new version available, you may sign up to the NCH Software newsletter here Newsletter Signup

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked this software until I tried to rip a 2 disc CD set and ran into this bug.  I'm also very disappointed that this bug was reported back in July of 2020 and now it's Jan. 2021 and still hasn't been fixed.  I hope there is a free bug-fix update soon because I have a lot of 2 disc CD sets.

22 minutes ago, BrianS101 said:

I really liked this software until I tried to rip a 2 disc CD set and ran into this bug.  I'm also very disappointed that this bug was reported back in July of 2020 and now it's Jan. 2021 and still hasn't been fixed.  I hope there is a free bug-fix update soon because I have a lot of 2 disc CD sets.

I see they blank out competitor names.  F-O-O-B-A-R is working great. I ripped a bunch of my 2 disc sets last night. I prefer the NCH interface by far so hope they get off their but and fix it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Add me to the "This blows, and I paid for it, WTF?!" list. Was happily ripping away until I tried my first two-disc set and found out there's a gaping hole in this software that needs to be desperately prioritized. How about get on that basic functionality issue, devs?

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem except on the first disc of 4 the titles are wrong.  Each successive disc has the same wrong titles.  The box set was issued in the 21st century. What good is the ripper if it can't even come up with the correct title names on the first discs let alone the other 3 discs.  Having to replace the names on 108 tracks takes too much time.  I too have a lot of multi disc sets.  The problem was first reported in July of last year.  Are your techs twiddling their thumbs?