No audio in sequence

Peter Thompson

Hi Peter

Have you inadvertently muted the track at the left end? 

If you have, it will show a red cross on the loudspeaker icon.

If this IS the case then the track will play in the Clip preview window but not in the Sequence preview window.

If there is no red cross on the icon, check the volume setting slider below the loudspeaker. Is this set to the left? If so the sequence will not play the audio but the clip preview will. Slide it to the right to turn up the sound on that audio track.

Nat

Is the volume slider to the left of the track fully to the right?

Is the track muted at the left with a red X through the speaker icon?

Is the clip muted?  Right-click on its audio track to check.

Are you using version 8.56?   If so, install this one instead.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If still a problem please share your project.  Follow the instructions here to upload a PORTABLE project (not the export).  Be sure to share it (make it public), non-restricted...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  Someone here will check things out.

Borate    -    It is only one of the four sequences I have in the project which is causing a problem. The others are fine.  I have checked the volume controls on the PC on the right hand side and on the track control.  I cant see any issues. 

The sequence causing the problem is "From Olympic to Kalamata and the Ionian"   the others are fine.   I'll try to  upload as you say shortly.  The video of a family sailing trip  is personal but not confidential.

Borate thanks for your assistance - since this was proving a problem I have re-created the sequence which was causing the problem using the same clips and it works fine.  Ill come back to you if I have further problems - I find this software is easy to use and is already creating great family memories from ourt disjointed clips.

• borate changed the title to No audio in sequence