Sound tracks not playing in sequence preview

Gunjan

Hi,

There's this particular VP file in which the sound tracks are not playing with the video in the sequence preview tab .
The video is playing fine, without sound.
The wave is also not showing, neither is a straight line. It's neither on mute, nor on solo.

The video is half edited, , and the sound tracks were playing fine just a few hours ago when i last edited.

The sound tracks are playing in the clip preview mode for individual clips.

If i try to import a new audio into this VP file and place it on a new track, the same issue happens with this new audio. No sound.
It's happening with just this one file and the same audio is playing fine if i import it to another existing or new file.

I tried exporting, but the exported video has no sound either.

Would really appreciate some help since its a half edited video and i'd like to finish editing it asap.

Am making a portable file and uploading it, the link is here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IzCvccwJUh6nmi_nICuZ0doi3AR9poKK?usp=sharing

regards,

I've made the link public. Will try updating the version of VP. I have an autorenewing quarterly subscription of VP. Not sure of the version.
When I tried to install the version in your link, it says the licence of the older version might expire and I would have to repurchase a subscription to the new version. Does this mean i would have to pay again although I am paying for the subscription every 3 months? Sorry for my ignorance.

Not familiar with how they handle subscriptions.  Should you run into a licensing issue, NCH will straighten it out.  https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

The version # should be shown at the left-bottom of the screen, and when you start the program.  Or click FILE | HELP | ABOUT.   What is that version #?

Tested your file on various VP releases and have never before seen that behavior.   It appears that the VPJ control file is corrupt, incorrectly loading the files.  When inputted individually, all is well.  Several VP versions produced the same result.

When editing, test things along the way.  Regularly use SAVE PROJECT FILE AS (click the chevron to the right of the SAVE icon on the toolbar).  Give it a unique # or name, so as to now overwrite prior saves.  SAVE PROJECT will overwrite.  Then see if what you have edited will play and export fully.

Please leave your files on the server for another week if possible.  Others may want to check out the issue.  Thanks.

7.30 is nearly a year old.  Architecture has changed somewhat, and this can lead to compatibility issues.

Logically, the subscription would offer a later, if not the current release.  Your cost should cover that.

Suggest that you Install the version linked earlier.  Check with NCH if there are registration or billing issues.

Hi!
Thank you so much for the support and effort.
I downloaded the file you'd sent earlier and edited the audio to match the video.

Right now working on editing the remaining of the project.
You've been a great help! Thank you :)