Audio vanishes when sweeping the timeline

Harry1969

My issue is this. While I am editing my sound just goes away. I am not editing sound only video but when I move the line around on the sequence my audio just stops working. I then have to close the program and re-open to get audio back.

What version of VP is being used?  Upgrade to the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

You can also try these measures, after Saving Project AS, and giving it a unique name or #, so as to not overwrite prior saves.  If just plain Save Project is used, it will overwrite..

Close the program.  Restart it, and before loading the project click OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

If that doesn't help, again close the program and have its installer on hand.  Delete all files in the following PC folders...

.   "C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"     Alternatively, the files may be in "C:\Program Files\NCH Software\Components"

Reinstall Videopad.

If none of this helps please share your PORTABLE project.  It's easy, quick and can be private.  We don't need the export, just the portable project folder.

Here's how to do it...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable link to post.