Overlayed Videos Resize when Exported

ajstaker

I am doing a project where I have 4-6 videos that have been resized and repositioned on top of a background image so that they are all layed out together and playing at the same time.  When I export the file, some of the videos will resize (getting bigger), so that they block out the other videos. There is nothing on my timeline to suggest why this is happening, because they all look right when i preview them. I have realized it has something to do with the different video tracks interacting because it sometimes happens right at the moment another video is added. 

This definitely seems to be a bug, because there is no reason this should be happening and I cannot figure out how to solve it. 

PLEASE HELP!

What version of Videopad is being used?  What are the export settings?

Upgrade to the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Someone here will be glad to check out your issue.  Just upload and share the project (not the export).  It's not difficult, takes little time and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable link to post.

Hi

Are you referring to a multiscreen effect?  Something like this?  ..

aaa.jpg

Using the Split screen effect on each track (with the background always on Track1) and possibly selecting a different layout grid and box  for each video clip so they are positioned and sized differently may be a way forward.

However a better result can be obtained by placing the background clip on Video track 1 and then Adding a Scale effect and a Position effect only to each subsequent clip placed on each higher track. The size and placing and AR of each clip can be monitored easily in the Sequence Preview window (below). Once all the clips are synched to start together,  you can use the Transparency effect with keyframes set a different places to make them appear at different points in time.....

bb.jpg

This example exports and plays correctly. Below..Viewed as a 720p mp4 in VLC

ccc.jpg

Nat

Thank you both for your responses. 

Nat! I think you solved it for me. I was doing everything you described, but it seems that the videos need to come in, in succession on each higher track. Each of my video were of slightly varying lengths and start times and were not correlated to a specific track. So each video that starts needs to come in, in order in the tracks going up or else the mess each other up! 

I think I got it! Thanks so much!