how to remove explorer shell extention "edit with Wavepad sound editor"

maciejk

hello how do I remove the explorer shell extention "edit with wavepad sound editor" it is interfereing with a winamp shell extention when i right click on an mp3 both hotkeys are "e"

i tried all sorts of shell extention programs like shellxview, autoruns etc, but this shell extention is hidden , even tried clearing the registry but there are so many entries of "edit with wavepad sound editor)

In attempt to fix this issue, please try the steps below:

Uninstall WavePad, then delete 3 folders named "WavePad" and 1 named "Components" from these locations:
**C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\WavePad\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\WavePad\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
**C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\WavePad\
**If you can't find any of the folders, just continue. 

After that, restart your computer and try again to see if the issue persists. If you still have problems, you can submit a support ticket: https://www.nch.com.au/support/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Sadly there is no option from the program or an easy way in windows to remove the shell extension. The only way to do that is by manually removing the shell extensions for the files you are trying to use on the registry editor.  Now, if you are not familiar with how to use the Registry editor, you may not want to try it. But if you are, then you can do a search for WavePad on the registry and delete all the Shell extensions linked to the formats you wish to clear.

If you need more specific assistance on how to use the Registry editor, you may want to contact Microsoft support.