Mp4 won't load into video editor

burrowslk

I thought having editing software would make my life easier and it has been the opposite. After numerous hours of editing I tried to upload to my channel only to find out there was an error on the program. So I tried to change the format and go directly to my channel, but no that doesn't work either. Had to uninstall and reinstall the software, but now my finished project is in mp4 format and will not load back into Videopad. So I thought if I changed it back to vpj format, then it might load. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.  I hate to even think I will have to redo all my editing again, just to possibly have it error out on me during the export and upload. 

VPJ is not an export format and cannot be played.  When a project is saved, that's the control file.  It contains pointers to the files and instructions on effects/transitions, etc.

If you saved the project and did not delete or move the source files, just double-click the VPJ to load it into Videopad.  Or open VP, click FILE | RECENT in the menu bar and click on your project.  What error did you encounter, specifically?  If the Mp4 finished export is good in a media player, then it can be loaded into Videopad.

YouTube direct uploads from VP can occasionally fail.  In that case simply export in a YT acceptable format (Mp4 should be fine) and use their uploader.

If issues persist, load the original project (not the export) fully onto the timeline.  Then  FILE | SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, to share with the forum or privately.  Someone will help.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable link to post.

The error I encountered was "VideoPad Video Editor has crashed because of an abnormal exception" I edited the whole video again because I couldn't find the first one I saved. But even after I did that and tried to upload again, it still gives me that error. I did save it to the PORTABLE  project as, as you said, but I don't know how to add it to this post for you to see it.  I am muddling my way through all of this and as you can tell am not super computer savvy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To find project files do a search of your drive for the extension .VPJ.  There's bound to be a folder that contains all those saved files.

You mention that the error occurs when you attempt to "upload."  Upload to where?  Do you mean it happens when you try to export?

How to share your PORTABLE project file:

The best way to help developers diagnose the problem is sharing your project files - not the exported file.  Follow these steps...

1. Save your project.  Then leave it on the timeline, complete with transitions, effects, etc.

Optional:  Under the various bin tabs, delete files that do not have green check marks.  If a prompt states "file in use" don't remove it.

2. Click the 'hamburger' menu (three horizontal lines at the top-left of the VP window).  Click on FILE menu. 

From the new menu that drops down, click on Save PORTABLE Project As.  Choose a folder and click SELECT FOLDER.

A folder with all the project files will appear where you specified.  Its name will be similar to this:  2019-04-23 15-58-07

Right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES and note its size.  If there is insufficient free space on the server to accommodate that size, the upload will fail.

3.  If size is okay, upload the folder or all the files it contains to MS OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox or the like.  Sign up or sign in.  They're free.

4.  Share (get a shareable link) and copy that link.

5.  Paste the link into your post here or privately...

Both links lead to a VPJ file.  As noted earlier, what's required is the entire contents of the portable project folder, which contains all source files + the VPJ.

Upload THAT and someone will be glad to check things out.

As an alternative, essentially the same but not preferable, upload the full contents of the folder on your PC that contains all source files and the VPJ.