How to make my video cover the full screen

Fion Cheong

Hi, 

I have made an origami video and after using the Video editor to input the background music and a photo. When i export the video, the video becomes very small and there is a lot of black space beside it. I have used the crop functions as well as the Zoom function. but neither one works for me. Pls kindly guide me on this. I would like to attached my video file and image to show it. 

Hi

You can post your project as follows;

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

In short:  Load your project into VP and then  Click Menu/File/Save Portable Project  As

aaa.jpg

This will save all the relevant files to dated folder.

Post the folder to an image hosting site like Google Drive or Dropbox. Make it public and post the link here. Someone will then take a look and advise.

In the meantime- What version of VP are you using and what is the resolution of the clips you are using?  Try to keep all the relevant clips to 16:9

If you are cropping the clip even if it is 16:9 AR  it will generate black borders but zooming should pull it back. If you don't want black borders then use only the Zoom but keep the AR at 16:9 and it will fill the screen.

Nat

Hi Fion

At 1920 x 1080 your clips are already 16:9  and don't need cropping. Without any cropping they will fill the screen. If, on the other hand you need to pick out a region within the clip, like perhaps a face or some other detail then just use the Zoom effect on its own.Don't Crop. 

In the Zoom effect window set the Aspect Ratio to 16:9 and then adjust the rectangle that appears on the Clip Preview screen (see below, LHS) to outline the area of interest. There are "handles" on each side and the corners with which to do this. The rectangle will change size and/or position but will remain 16:9 as you move it. 

The area you finally choose to enclose will always be full screen.....as shown here....RHS

aa.jpg

I think that may be the answer to your problem.

If your clips are 16:9 but  with a vertical image in the centre  -portrait orientation), Zoom will still  produce a full frame image but because the image area is vertical and 16:9 is horizontal, you will lose some of the top and bottom...

bb.jpg

A lot depends on what you want. As far as possible try to make all the clips/images 16:9 at the outset :).

Nat

Did not test 7.03. but in the latest version, 8.45, removing all crop effects, leaving Stretch to Aspect Ratio (auto) and the rotation seemed to do a nice job.

On the first image, Crop to Aspect Ratio 16:9 was used.  Your source video is 9:16 (vertical).  The export is 16:9 at 1080 default Mp4 settings.

Hi 

Thanks. This morning i have try to do it and successful done with the Video.

BTW I check on the purchase and realised i have am having the old version which is 5.01 and i am using 7.03 as the free version.

I would like to upgrade my Videopad but my notebook is a very old one. 

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4200U CPU @1.60 GHz 2.29 Ghz

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.74 GB usable)

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x 64-based processor

Is my current notebook fine with the new Video pad if i purchase the upgrade version?

regards

Fion

• borate changed the title to How to make my video cover the full screen