Various stability issues, rendering cutting short

Novabug

I have been using Videopad for several years now, but never the issues i'm experiencing with version 8.45. I also have a new PC, Ryzen 7, 16gb 3200 RAM, 500GB SSD M2, so I know it's not the power of the computer.

Firstly, sometimes Clips freeze during the editing after making effect changes. My moving a parameter, the clip can return to normal. Secondly, rendering a video often does not complete, and cuts the video short or creates a frozen video. I recall this happening on my old PC a few times, but put this down to a lack of power. I make quite complex videos, but nothing that Videopad has never handled fine before.

It's worth noting, i have transferred VPJ templates from my old PC using version 4 i believe. Is there a compatibility issue here? If so i would have to rebuild all my projects from scratch. Unhappy.

I have tried the usual stuff, clearing the cache and reloading the projects, but usual things continue to happen. Frozen clips, transition failures, and of course unable to render a full video. 

Suggestions would be welcome because this is very frustrating.

If you created projects in an older version, especially back in the days of 4.x, there is the possibility that some effects may not render the same in the latest incarnations as architecture has changed.

It's best to edit and export with the same, or closely related version.  If issues arise install the version that created the project.  Though it may not be licensed, it should allow editing and export in AVI format.

To track down the problem with frozen or incomplete video please share your project for analysis.  It's the best way, is not difficult, takes little time and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Resolved in a PM

Nothing wrong spotted in an export at 1080 w/Smart Max frame rate.  Multi-track, lengthy projects may run VP out of memory.  If that's suspected...

1.  Export at a lower resolution, perhaps 720;  many of your source files match that

2. Try different export formats and compressors, such as AVI using MPEG 4

3. Split the project into parts, export each, then reassemble those exports

4.  Wait for release of a 64-bit version

• borate changed the title to Various stability issues, rendering cutting short