Audio track missing

bobjoice@gmail.com

Click MENU | VIEW | RESTORE DEFAULT LAYOUT.

Be sure that VP is not in Storyboard mode or the waveform won't be visible after a clip is dragged beneath the video thumbnails (though it will be there).  Use Timeline mode.

If neither of these measures solves the problem please upgrade to the latest version.  Or reinstall the one that you have.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi

• Does your video have an associated audio track? If it has and you have dragged and dropped/placed the video on Video track1 then the audio waveform should appear on Audio Track 1
  • if your video is a silent video without an associated track (like an image would be) then you should be able to drop an audio clip from the clip bin onto  Audio Track 1. Can you do this?
  • Unless you have clicked the left end of the any of the tracks or selected a track in some other way, all the options under Menu/Tracks will be greyed out.

Nat

• 3 weeks later...

I have created a photostory for the children in my class, the presentation itself is exactly what I had hoped for but it will not let me add any MP3 files. The MP3 files are there but there is no sound. Please help. I have spent hours on this and would be devastated if it was all for nothing.

Do not PANIC.  There is help here.

Save your work with FILE | SAVE PROJECT AS, so as to not overwrite a prior save.  If FILE | SAVE PROJECT is used, it will overwrite.

Close the program and have your Videopad install file on hand.

Using Windows Explorer (the file manager) delete all files in

"C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"

Reinstall Videopad.  If feasible please upgrade to the latest version

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the issue persists, share your project (not the export) and someone will check it out.  This is not difficult, takes little time and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable link to post.

No.  The unlicensed version has effect and export limitations, but it should not affect Mp3 audio on the sequence.  An AVI export should succeed.

Please follow the above instructions.  If the problem isn't solved, share your project for analysis.

Share the project.  We'll check it out.

With the full project on the timeline (including the Mp3 files), click the 3-lined 'hamburger' menu at the top-left.  Click FILE | SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.

Upload the folder that results to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shareable link (make it public) and post that link here or in a PM private message.

Continued in private messages.