VideoPad vs PhotoStage Pro

Marya

Is anyone using NCH's PhotoStage?  I have bought it and been using it to make videos from my photos, videos & music.  Am very happy with it.  It PhotoStage similar to VideoPad?  Differences?  Is it better?  Is VideoStage ONLY for videos or can you put in photos & videos (like in PhotoStage)?  Thanks so much for your help.

Hi

It's  true that NCH Photostage can be used to create very simple videos as it will accept both clips and still images but it is primarily conceived to be  a slideshow creator and it will do a really excellent job of this .  If you are familiar with VideoPad then you can imagine the difficulty you would have  working in just the Storyboard mode when you want to create a fully featured video. . The layout is similar  of course, but Photostage , with its single track can't really compare to Videopad when it comes to actual video creation.  Of course  Videopad can be used to create a slideshow, but one might consider that a bit of overkill. It will work (and I have used it in this way many times) but at the end of the day one is for one thing and the other is for something else. You can knock a nail in with a sledgehammer !

Try them both .

Nat