Stabilize Saturation in a video

Ronw7341

I have a video which has MANY color highs and lows. 

I've tried to have the system stabilize the video but to no appreciable avail. 

It happens so frequently I don't want to have to try to isolate each instance and modify it by hand, I'm afraid it would make it no better or perhaps worse. 

I've even contemplated changing it to Black/White if necessary but only as a last resort.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

You are referring to color saturation correction when you mention 'stabilize?'  If color corrections are consistent, make the correction, then save the effect as a template, to be used on other clips.  In the effect window, click the folder on the toolbar and name the template. 

template.jpg                  It will then appear as just another effect icon, at the bottom of the effects window.  Scroll down.

If you make a mistake press <ctrl-Z> (EDIT | UNDO) to backtrack - step by step.  To kill an effect, click the X on the menu bar for that effect.

Share a few images and someone may offer better advice.  Upload to a free server - MS OneDrive or Google Drive, etc. - share (make a public link), copy it and paste it here.

Borate: 

I'm not sure I've made myself clear as to the problem.

The video begins with a normal coloration. 

Then suddenly there is about a two to three second dramatic increase in the saturation level of the color, then back to normal for several more seconds. 

It happens often enough that I was hopeful that I wouldn't have to attempt to manually neutralize it, and I thought that using "Auto Levels" in the Blending & Color Correction area would perhaps equalize the high and low colors.  (That doesn't change anything.)  

This then would then allow me to choose to add or subtract color to the entire video and I'd be done.  

Does this make the situation any clearer?  

Thanks

Ron

Hi

This is a fundamental fault with your video or camera. Had it been the whole of a clip  you may have been able to correct it to some extent when auto levels may be of some help. I think you may have to deal with each section one at a time by splitting and treating each bit but I don't think the result will be particularly good. Any chance of uploading a clip  with this problem (doesn't have to be your project....just a short clip with a few examples of the colour changes)  and someone can take a look and possibly suggest a workaround.

Nat