File location on Mac

peterb

Hi, I'm evaluating Express Accounts for usage on Mac.

The help page here says "Express Accounts stores data in the following location: Library/Application Support/NCH Software/ExpressAccounts".  This does not appear to be true.  Can I get an updated answer to how I can scrap my existing data completely and start over?

In addition to the above, I've noticed the other following issues:

• You can never delete the first company you make from the UI

• As near as I can tell, deleting an account is impossible - I created a liability/credit card account with no transactions, nothing in the journal, tried to delete it, and am told that I can't delete it because there are transactions in it.

Also, as long as I'm here - what exactly is the launchd service installed by the app installation (com.nchsoftware.expressaccounts.agent) doing?

Help on any or all of these issues is welcome, but the first issue - where exactly is it keeping my data? - is the priority.  

Thank you!

1 hour ago, N_C_H_josh said:

That page has outdated info. The path should be /Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/NCH Software/ExpressAccounts/Shared where $USER is the username that you log in under. 

Hi, Josh, thanks for getting back to me.  This doesn't seem to be the case:

Please see the attached image URL, which shows Express Accounts running, and the NCH Software directory as empty except for a "Components" directory (which is itself empty.)

If it matters, I am running the trial.

https://imgur.com/a/9jGOQB2

• 2 years later...