Split-screen content vanishes but tracks remain

Stump

I am doing a Brady Bunch split grid with 9 boxes (only goes for one minute).  All of them were working last night and I exported a draft. This morn 3 have disappeared - although the tracks are still there - just not outputting to the preview screen nor when exported. I changed one of the tracks "position" effects and it brought it back, but that caused other tracks to disappear.

Seems like some sort of resourcing/processing issue? (I really don't know), and it was fine last night.

Using version 7.25

Win 10

16 GB RAM

i7

This little project is due in 2 days. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Regularly SAVE PROJECT AS, giving it a unique # or name, so as to not overwrite older saves.  There also may be VPJ file autosaves;  search the drive for "VPJ.backup."

Under OPTIONS | DISK tab Clear Unused Cache Files to rule out corruption there.  Confirm that no source files were moved or deleted.

Though minor compatibility issues are possible, because 7.x is dated, please install the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Share the project and someone will check it out.  This is not difficult, takes but a few minutes and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  On the server, don't forget to copy a shared (public) link to paste into your post or PM.

Thanks Borate

I have sent you a PM of the portable project file. Not sure if you're the person I'm meant to send it to.

1. Yes, I've saved project files as I go along and when I go back to the earlier ones they are all doing something similar with respect to not all tracks not being displayed (likewise for some auto backup files).

2. Performed clear unused cache file.

3. I've done a couple of big projects on this version (7.25v) and they have been very successful. This current project worked for me last night. I'm reluctant to update, I only do a few projects a year for some fun, the discount to upgrade really isn't enticing at all.

Thanks Stump

Using version 8.35, several frames froze midway.   It appears that there were excess effects used during the build but at this juncture cannot determine why 7.25 was lacking on this project, since it succeeded earlier.  It won't hurt to reinstall the program.  Then open it, Clear the Cache and reload the project.

The revisions here, made in v8.35 - tweaks to color and elimination of extraneous video on some clips -  plays well in that build but not in 7.11.

Significant changes in VP architecture have been made since the 7.x series.  You might test your original saved project (VPJ file) in the latest version, unlicensed, and attempt an AVI export.  However, it may not be clean, perhaps owing to those changes.

Using your original with 7.25, there were a few frozen or blank tracks.  For those, suggest that you remove the POSITION effect and use BASE and/or OFFSET X and Y effects in the SCALE config box instead.  That may restore those clips.  Does here.

Next time you construct a similar project use the split-screen effect.  More precise and less complex, with a need for fewer effects.  Check out this thread.