Debut Memory limit reached

Ronster

Hi.
Some help needed here. Been using Debut for 2 years. Never realised there was a memory limit. All my captured video clips are stored  on a memory stick. 
I'm not using a camera. I now can't record any more as I get the message :
"Memory limit reached.Try reducing the video source/output resolution or using an other output format "

Any ideas to solve this ? Thanks in advance.
Ronster

Hello,

If you go to ¨Options¨ > ¨Output¨ tab, you should see a ¨Destination Folder¨ in which all recordings will be sent to. You say you are using a Memory Stick is the destination folder within the Memory Stick you are using? If it is, do you still have enough space available in the memory stick to save the recording? You can share a screenshot with me of the error so I can make sure the issue is related to what I´m telling you.

Hi Fred. Thanks for your reply. 
I understand your message. I use both removable USB sticks and my laptop hard-drive to store my captured clips on, and am aware of how to change the destination folder between the two. There is ample room on each.
But I noticed an update from the version I was using V5.61, ( I think ) to V6.14. This installed but wouldn't accept the registration code for my previous version ! I've been in touch with NCH 3 times and am waiting for a valid code to be sent to me.
Still not sure about the Memory Limit reached message, as there is plenty memory/space left on both USB stick and hard drive.

Any further thoughts welcome !
Thanks again,
Ronster

Hello,

For the registration issue, what they would actually do is sent you a link to download the version of the program that is compatible with the license you have, so that you can install from there and register successfully. 

You can find all NCH programs older version installers on this link: http://www.oldversiondownload.com/ , you can search there but I think its best for you to wait on a reply from NCH they will probably send you the correct link right away so you do not have look around the website above.

About the memory limit, I guess it could be talking about the actual PC memory, try opening the program and going to your task manager and see if Debut is consuming a lot of memory you can have both open and try and record to see if the memory usage goes up. If it does you would be best reaching out to NCH for technical assistance.