Narration out of sync

Bob Gibson

What VP version is being used?

Here's the latest.  Give it a try.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If it's still a problem, please check back in.  Detail specifics on the method that you use to record narration.

its 8.27 and I recently bought a license. I'm using the "record narration" button.

Here's a link to the video showing the problem. I have recorded the screen on my MacBook using the inbuilt microphone to record my narration over the piece. Normally I would wear headphones for doing this of course but I didn't this time to show the problem more clearly. The syncing problem is exactly the same wether I wear headphones or not.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HKV_iiFepJlGAnlCEM304ARzSfJbHy4i/view?usp=sharing

It's the same on the Windows version, Bob, and has been reported.

Suggest that you slide the narration track a half-second (or so) later.  If there are are multiple clips separated by gaps, select them all and then drag to the right.

One little trick, for more precision, is to first place a half-second blank audio clip at the head of the track.  Then a continuous narration lines up well.