Mixpad not recognizing PodXT I use for recording Guitar

Jiub70

I have Mixpad and a PodXT hooked up via USB and through a Black star Amp with a Guitar.  I have used this same configuration for a while now, and I was always able to record with it, using the registered version of Mixpad.  I went to record today and Mixpad keeps telling me that There is a problem with the recording device, please check that it is plugged in.  It also tells me there is a recording error when I hit record after the first "there was a problem" message pops up.  It says the record device is not ready.  

Any suggestions? 

Hello Jiub70, have you tested connecting the Black Star Amp to a different USB port on your computer?  Also, check if there are any other programs trying to access or use the same interface as this may conflict with MixPad.   You may want to check if there was any drivers updates done recently on your computer or if there are any pending driver updates for your interface or Preamp. 

Hi Chris75, 

The USB is actually connected to the USB and PodXT, not the amp.  I have tried different USB ports on the PC though, and it detects the podxt.  I can hear the amp and guitar fine, just when I press record I get the two error messages.  I will check if there are any programs that may interfere with Mixpad.  Then I will check for driver updates or see if its maybe Windows that needs to update and get back to you.  Most likely will have to check tomorrow.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...