Fades not appearing in exported video

DBMusic

What version of VP is being used?  Test the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the problem persists, share your project.  Someone will check it out and likely come up with a fix.  The process isn't difficult and takes but a few minutes.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply it's version 8.27, I just dowloaded from the app store.  I'm running on a mac so that link doesn't work for me but I'm uploading it to google now.  I used the fade in button on the clip itself and then I used the transition button at the end.  The clips are on video track 1 .

Hi

"... I used the fade in button on the clip itself and then I used the transition button at the end.  The clips are on video track 1 . ..."

You don't seem to have done anything wrong. If there is nothing on Video Track 2 to cover them up and it plays OK in the Sequence Preview window then it ought to be OK. An example  set up here plays and exports  OK in VP 8.23 which is the Windows version.  So it may be a bug in the Mac version. Downloading it and playing it here (if it will play on Windows ) won't be much help I am afraid. I think it may have to be played on a Mac.

Nat

Looks just fine here, using Windows v8.28 - fades intact.  Exported lossless in just seconds.

Test a different export format, say AVI or MOV, and see if it loses the fades.

This may be a MAC issue.  File a bug report by clicking the chevron at the top-right of the Videopad interface.

Thanks for doing this.  Very much appreciated.  Yeah I tried it in the other formats.  This time the video freezes until it gets to the end of the fade in and at the beginning of the fade out.  It couldn't be it's a limitation of the free version?  Also am I right in thinking you need to purchase the full version in order to add titles?

Hi

If you've already read this I've had to edit it radically..

Your project loaded OK here also in VP 8.23. You have a 2 second fade in at the start of the timeline from using f . Your fade out at the end however is a  Blur . Duration 4.313 seconds. .........

Using just Blur, the timeline appears again as an image at the end of the transition.   You should  resolve this by removing  the Blur Transition) and and using the simple Fade transition.

This example exported OK here.

Nat

Hi DBMusic. Please try the following when exporting. Click 'Default Quality / Filesize', then in the MP4 or MOV Encoding Settings dialog. Select 'Off (Re-encode Video)' for the 'Lossless Export' option. Then try exporting again.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 11.07.59 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 11.06.16 AM.jpg