Dictation stops

Karen Coombes

Hi I am just wondering why sometimes when I am doing dictation that it will start out okay and then all of a sudden stop and I can't finish my transcription?  This is very frustrating because i then have to go to the click and play format in another setup and I can't use my foot pedal.  Any suggestions please?  Thank you. :) 

9 hours ago, Karen Coombes said:

Hi I am just wondering why sometimes when I am doing dictation that it will start out okay and then all of a sudden stop and I can't finish my transcription?  This is very frustrating because i then have to go to the click and play format in another setup and I can't use my foot pedal.  Any suggestions please?  Thank you. :)

I have the exact same issue.   I posted something on this forum a couple of nights ago and have gotten no response.  

Is this situation when you load a file or doing the recording,   try doing a clean install and delete all the cache of the program. Uninstall your software first, then go to the folder location below on your computer then delete the Express Scribe folders:

C:\ProgramData\NCH Software
C:\Users\(Your computer profile)\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Express Scribe

If you can't find the AppData folder, set Windows to show hidden files and folders with the steps from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files.

After deleting the Express Scribe folder, restart your computer then install. Set the Foot pedal and try again to do the dictation.