Program will not recognize my YouTube channel

KarenS123

I am a pastor of a small church and COVID-19 has forced us to depend wholly on online communications.  I have had good experiences putting the worship service together in VideoPad.  My difficulty is that when I attempt to upload the video to YouTube, I get a fail message stating that I need to create a YouTube channel.  That's not correct - I have a YouTube channel.  In order to get the videos to YouTube, I have to move them from VideoPad to an intermediate location such as GoogleDrive and then over to YouTube. 

That process is very very slow for me.  The initial upload from VideoPad to the intermediate program usually takes about an hour and then it's another 30 - 45 minutes to upload the video from there to YouTube.  Yep, slow connection here in the wilderness of north central Missouri.

How can I get VideoPad to recognize that I do indeed have a YouTube channel and that's where I'm trying to upload videos to?

Thanks so much for your help!

KarenS123

https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1409.html

What version of Videopad is in use? 

Try this one, with the caveat:  updates are free for paid users up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Is the intermediate step truly necessary?  https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

You should be able to export in Videopad to the PC in a YT accepted format, then use their uploader.

In attempting a direct YT upload from VP, be sure to give permission for VP to access your Google account.

Version being used is VideoPad v7.39

I do not want to take intermediate step; did so only because VP would not upload directly to YT.  If I upload from VP to Google Drive, I can then upload to YT from Google Drive - takes A LOT of time this way though.

VP continues to tell me that I need to establish a YT channel but I already have a YT channel.

Save the YT approved file to the PC.  Go to YouTube and use their uploader to search for the file saved to the PC.  There is no need to use Drive.

https://youtu.be/6C4dEpT0rYg

This method has been confirmed here, with a direct upload of an mp4 file from this PC.  Suggest that you go that route for now.

The Videopad failure to see the YouTube account is seen here as well in the latest version.  See the post below from NotADevWinkWink.

Hi @KarenS123,

Doing a bit of investigating reveals that we're running into a usage limit for the uploads per day that VideoPad is allowed to make.

We're now working on increasing that limit, but until then you can try uploading your videos *just* after midnight PT (Pacific Time), I believe that's when the daily quota resets. You could also try exporting to a video file on your computer (I'd suggest using one of the Youtube presets), then uploading directly through YouTube's website. This is because the issue only affects uploading to YouTube from within VideoPad.

Never would have guessed.  Thanks for checking in.  Tested the direct VP upload at 2 AM PST and it succeeded.

Using YouTube's interface to upload a file that has been exported from Videopad to the PC is relatively easy and quick.

• borate changed the title to Program will not recognize my YouTube channel