Cannot Rewind/FF on Keyboard with Hot-Key

toos

My set hot-keys to rewind or fast forward do not work properly unless I am actually inside of the Express Scribe window.  This is really inconvenient as I have to have Word or Google Docs open as I transcribe. This never was a problem in the previous versions of Express Scribe. I was forced to download the latest version today when the older one would not stop crashing. This rewind/ff function does not work on either of my Macs unless I am actually inside Express Scribe.  If I try, it only goes back half a second or less.  Really annoying.  Any help?

• 1 year later...

Toos, did you ever get this resolved? I just updated to new version of Express Scribe and am having the exact same problem. (Opened a support ticket, their suggestion did not work.) Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, BrieW said:

Toos, did you ever get this resolved? I just updated to new version of Express Scribe and am having the exact same problem. (Opened a support ticket, their suggestion did not work.) Thanks in advance!

Hi! What version of Express Scribe are you running and what OS version are you using?

Can you confirm you have the "Enable System-Wide Hot-keys" box checked in Preferences > Hot-Keys? 

If you do then it would be best for you to continue working with NCH Tech support as this might be a bug.

If you have not tried to reinstall do so and if that does not work you might want to uninstall and then install the app again.