Maybe Dumb Question - Debut

costertag

I am not sure if this question is software related or just a technical issue.  Is it possible to use Debut to record your screen using a USB camera.  I have tried but each time Debut reverts to the internal camera.  I feel this may be a technical inability, not software related.  Thanks for the help.

Why do you want to record your screen using an external camera? Debut can record your screen internally, without a camera. If you want to record using a camera, click Options > Video tab > check under WebCam and also under Capture Device and confirm if you camera is being recognized, if so, you just need to select it from the drop down menu > click OK

Quality and wide range was my reason to use the usb camera for the screen use.   The use of Webcam works but every time I go to the screen recording it defaults back to the internal camera.  I tried this many times.   That is why I asked the question, is it possible for a usb camera to be used, at all for screen recording or is this technically not possible.  However, at this time the newest version of debut is no use for me because of static.  I downloaded the old version and it resolved the issue as suggested by a previous user,  but i like the functionality of the newer version and new menu items without having to drill down.  I will be putting in a ticket for this.

Thanks for the input.