Switch converting only half of file. Why?

• 2 months later...

I was using the free switch version. When I tried to convert a large  29 hours M4B file to MP3 the conversion always stopped at 2:06 h and some odd seconds. I bought the registered version with the same result whether I changed the MP3 encoding with 128 kbps or 48 kbps or renamed the .M4B to M4A or not. I could not find any clue in the Help files about this limitation.

Please explain and help!

Thanks

First, you may need to know that M4B is supported on the Windows version, if you are using Mac, that format will not work. If you are using Windows, the issue may be related to the size of that particular file. Although, Switch does not have a limitation about sizes, your computer may not be capable of that conversion. What are your computer specs? Do you get the same problem with smaller files? You may want to reinstall the program and confirm if the issue persists: https://www.nch.com.au/components/switchsetup.exe

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to convert m4b files to mp3 and I get the same, i.e. when a long file is considerably shortened. One file is over 9 hours and only 2:40 opens in WavePad and a 17 hour file opens 3:30. I have a laptop with i7-8665U CPU @1.9GHz and 32 GB memory so I don't think it can be poor hardware. Are there any other tips how this can be resolved? Thanks

In wavepad, delete cache files in wavepad folder: 

1. From WavePad, select the Options menu > Audio tab > "Audio working folder" section, check mark the "Use this specified folder" box and copy the folder path.
On our end is >  C:\Users\sebastian\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\WavePad.
2. Paste the path on your windows folder explorer, this will open the Cache contents.
3. Delete all files within this folder.
4. Close WavePad and re open it again.
5. Re load the file and let us know the outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded AND PAID for Switch 8.32 for Mac yesterday. It worked okay.  Today I get onto my computer and Switch won't covert flac files to mp3, which it did yesterday. When I drag a flac file onto the program window. it will play when I press the green triangular "PLAY" icon but when the I press the "convert" icon, it  just says "Conversion failed". I didn't pay them good money to just to see "Conversion failed".   I tried to contact NCH and they want some sort of number from me before they'll take my call, even though I am a paying customer.  They didn't give me a number but, just as there is no doubt, THEY TOOK MY MONEY alright.  Thankfully, there is a 30-day money back guarantee, but I don't want to exercise that option as I want to use the software.  Now here's the thing that stinks, they accept email reports but say they will get back to me sometime.