Copy Paste Audio lowers Quality

Dan2016

I've been using WavePad for many years, and for a few years with the Masters Edition, but I just realized that when I cut and paste audio from one wave file into another (for example, to use the introduction from one recording and the main part from a second recording) then anything pasted has much lower audio quality.

This has been annoying when trying to make individual tracks from a whole concert. I have to open the original file, cut out all but what I want, save it, close out, then open up the whole concert again for the next song. If I cut and paste just what I want to a new file the audio quality sounds distant and cold.

Anyone know what is going wrong?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I am getting audio aliasing after I open a wav file- At first the envelope plays and sounds good until I touch the waveform anywhere, literally just touch a section with the mouse.  After that you can hear the sound quality drop dramatically, this is a new download and paid version of Wavepad Master Edition Nov 2021.  Was hoping to see more about this lower quality audio problem...???