Bert Park

Rotate the Only the Selected Area of an Image

We need more information, when you say "selected area" are you referring when you select and crop a section the image? If you do this, you will be able to rotate. Please provide more information about what are you trying to achieve. 

Here's what I would try:

1) Select the area you want to rotate with the selection tools (found in the "Select" tab)

2) Copy/Paste the selected area to create an overlay image layer (Ctrl C, Ctrl V)

3) Use the rotate handle on the overlay image widget to rotate

9 hours ago, TECH Support said:

We need more information, when you say "selected area" are you referring when you select and crop a section the image? If you do this, you will be able to rotate. Please provide more information about what are you trying to achieve. 

I took some photos with a Crystal Ball & the  image inside the ball is upside down, so I want to rotate only this inside image & leave the background section of the photo outside the ball area in the correct upright position

5 hours ago, N_C_H_Kevin said:

Here's what I would try:

1) Select the area you want to rotate with the selection tools (found in the "Select" tab)

2) Copy/Paste the selected area to create an overlay image layer (Ctrl C, Ctrl V)

3) Use the rotate handle on the overlay image widget to rotate

Thank you Kevin I will give this a try