Exported video isn't showing all tracks/effects

MissAlice

I have a bunch of vertical video clips that I want to edit together with a few landscape clips. I want to edit all the clips so that they have the vertical video with blurry background to fill up the screen, and save them as new individual clips that I can just pick and choose to add to my project.

However when I export the video, it appears to only save one video track, instead of both tracks. So it just saves the original source clip that I have used, instead of including the track underneath it with the zoomed/stretched/blurred effect. It's like instead of saving the sequence that shows the video as I would like it to, it just saves one track.

What am I doing wrong?! I've tried so many times and am totally confused. I think I'm using v 7.24

Someone will be glad to suss this out for you if you take a minute to upload and share your project - which can be done privately.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.

Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

19 minutes ago, borate said:

Someone will be glad to suss this out for you if you take a minute to upload and share your project - which can be done privately.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.

Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Thank you,

I have uploaded it to a google drive, the link is https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y9ZFalUL7IO8xfbd71UmQkWm9S0CMN_R?usp=sharing

I hope that works. I'm a total newbie at using this software AND the forum.

I bet i'm just missing a super obvious step or something silly like that.

Hi MissAlice. I think what you should do is

1) On the Sequence Preview, change the aspect ratio to "Match Content"
2) Add "Letterbox to Aspect Ratio" effect on Video Track 2 and set the Aspect Ratio to 16:9

Hope that helps...

28 minutes ago, RC12 said:

Hi MissAlice. I think what you should do is

1) On the Sequence Preview, change the aspect ratio to "Match Content"
2) Add "Letterbox to Aspect Ratio" effect on Video Track 2 and set the Aspect Ratio to 16:9

Hope that helps...

Awesome thank you so much! I knew it would be something super simply that I was just being ignorant about haha.

Greatly appreciate it!

• borate changed the title to Exported video isn't showing all tracks/effects