Cannot Get VOIP to work with AXON and IVM

rfenn

Well I am glad that they let me try this product free. So far it has just sucked up days or work for me. It has been buggy and nothing but issues. I thought IVM was made to work with VoIP lines and AXON but I see no support in help about anyting to do with VoIP line and IVM.

I am using a service SIPnumber.net or freedigits.net. They provide a free cool inbound VoIP real phone number. I can get it to call into AXON just fine. Axon will work with this not sure about the transfer feature it does not seem to transfer the call using Express Talk but the 3 way conference worked fine.

I wanted to have the Voip line inbound have axon take the call into IVM.

Play a short "hello" message "if you know the party you are calling dial it now" then hand the call back to the extension they dial.

If no answer to to Voice Mail for that ext.

Problem: Everytime IVM answers the call it has silence then it disconnects

21:44:37 VoIP Call Attendant 0000123456 [Answered]

21:44:37 Answering call...

21:44:46 Call has disconnected

21:44:46 Call disconnected

Once it said it played the greeting but it could not be heard on the otherside here is what it said:

19:28:13 Incoming SIP call

19:28:19 VoIP Call Attendant 5736860110 [Answered]

19:28:19 Answering call...

19:28:27 Answered line [1 "VoIP Call Attendant"] call number [2] cid [5736860110] did[198] drn[0 (0ms)]

19:28:27 Play file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\VoIP Call Attendant Start.wav

19:28:37 Play file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\VoIP Call Attendant Start.wav

19:28:46 Command - Polite Hangup

19:28:46 Play system prompt: GoodBye

19:28:47 Call has disconnected

19:28:47 Call disconnected

This looks great but nothing was heard on the other end.

I really wanted this to work. Does anyone have any feedback is to what to do. I have tried everyting I can imagine. Over and over reinstalling, changing things etc.

I have given up after hours and hours over 3 days to get this to work.

Does anyone have any idea if this product actually works. I have read through this forum and dont see anyone that has got VoIP to work correctly.

I am really begging here.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Well I am glad that they let me try this product free. So far it has just sucked up days or work for me. It has been buggy and nothing but issues. I thought IVM was made to work with VoIP lines and AXON but I see no support in help about anyting to do with VoIP line and IVM.

I am using a service SIPnumber.net or freedigits.net. They provide a free cool inbound VoIP real phone number. I can get it to call into AXON just fine. Axon will work with this not sure about the transfer feature it does not seem to transfer the call using Express Talk but the 3  way conference worked fine.

Play a short "hello" message "if you know the party you are calling dial it now" then hand the call back to the extension they dial.

Once it said it played the greeting but it could not be heard on the otherside here is what it said:

19:28:27 Answered line [1 "VoIP Call Attendant"] call number [2] cid [5736860110] did[198] drn[0 (0ms)]

19:28:27 Play file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\VoIP Call Attendant Start.wav

19:28:37 Play file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\VoIP Call Attendant Start.wav

I really wanted this to work. Does anyone have any feedback is to what to do. I have tried everyting I can imagine. Over and over reinstalling, changing things etc.

Does anyone have any idea if this product actually works. I have read through this forum and dont see anyone that has got VoIP to work correctly.

Hello, are you able to get this to work yet? I am having exactly the same problems.

• 2 weeks later...

This VoIP use to work for me with IVM (not the transferring of the calls - this part has never worked for me with the VoIP). But, sometime within the past couple of months, the VoIP stopped completely with the IVM program. So, I'm at a complete loss with it. :angry: It totally sucks! I wonder if it was when I did the upgrade to the 3.07 version when this occured. I don't remeber and it's been so long now. I'm wondering if the next version will fix this problem?

:blink:<_<

This VoIP use to work for me with IVM (not the transferring of the calls - this part has never worked for me with the VoIP). But, sometime within the past couple of months, the VoIP stopped completely with the IVM program. So, I'm at a complete loss with it.  :angry:  It totally sucks!  I wonder if it was when I did the upgrade to the 3.07 version when this occured. I don't remeber and it's been so long now. I'm wondering if the next version will fix this problem?

:blink:  <_<

Have you checked your settings in Axon on the extensions tab to make sure IVM is still registered correctly? I had the same problem a few days ago and I realized that for some reason my IVM extension was no longer registered.

As far as the line transfer goes I have managed to get IVM to transfer to other extensions, my lines are also VOIP, but I cannot get the phone to ring when the line is transfered, you can hear the line ringing during transfer but the phone itself does not notify the user that a call is being transfered. Consequently the line gets transfered right back to the call attendant and the caller has to listen to the greeting again.

Curtis

I am using a service SIPnumber.net or freedigits.net. They provide a free cool inbound VoIP real phone number. I can get it to call into AXON just fine. Axon will work with this not sure about the transfer feature it does not seem to transfer the call using Express Talk but the 3  way conference worked fine.

I kno what I am about to say will not be a tremendous help but it is a start to hopefully help you realize that this system will work you just have to know how to use it, which unfortunately NCH does not help much with.

First off this is a complex system and it takes a while to learn all the ins and outs, trust me I know first hand as I have been working with it for a couple of months in an office environment, not only with AXON and IVM but general networking issues as well. For example it took me two weeks to realize that the wireless router I was using was causing one way audio and that the easiest way to avoid that problem was to not use a router with NAT security but use a router with packet sampling security instead. This was discovered after happening upon a white paper about VOIP and the problems with NAT. Anyway your basic problem, I believe, is not having a complete understanding of IVM. You have to make sure that your OGM is set up properly. In addition you have to make sure that in IVM under "Settings", under the "VOIP" tab you have a VOIP account set up for the particular answering OGM you are trying to use. I know this is not a tremendous help but it is a start. I would strongly recommend that you go back and read the help manual more completely, I made the same mistake, and while it will not answer all of your questions it will give you a more thourogh understanding and better enable you to solve your problems, God knows NCH will not be a big help but then they are busy trying to develop the software.

• 4 weeks later...
I kno what I am about to say will  not be a tremendous help but it is a start to hopefully help you realize that this system will work you just have to know how to use it, which unfortunately NCH does not help much with.

First off this is a complex system and it takes a while to learn all the ins and outs, trust me I know first hand as I have been working with it for a couple of months in an office environment, not only with AXON and IVM but general networking issues as well. For example it took me two weeks to realize that the wireless router I was using was causing one way audio and that the easiest way to avoid that problem was to not use a router with NAT security but use a router with packet sampling security instead. This was discovered after happening upon a white paper about VOIP and the problems with NAT. Anyway your basic problem, I believe, is not having a complete understanding of IVM. You have to make sure that your OGM is set up properly. In addition you have to make sure that in IVM under "Settings", under the "VOIP" tab you have a VOIP account set up for the particular answering OGM you are trying to use. I know this is not a tremendous help but it is a start. I would strongly recommend that you go back and read the help manual more completely, I made the same mistake, and while it will not answer all of your questions it will give you a more thourogh understanding and better enable you to solve your problems, God knows NCH will not be a big help but then they are busy trying to develop the software.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have this problem myself - I believe the answer for me was the SIP port setting and making sure the firewall has enough open ports above 8000 to cater to everything. I found that when I had axon, express talk and IVM running on the same SIP port as each other it would ring through, but it wouldn't have the vocal connectivity - maybe try giving different SIP port numbers a go, and make sure that all ports are opened up on any firewalls.

• 7 months later...

I have IVM and AXON, using 2 Broadvoice SIP lines.

It works great.

What I did was put the SIP lines as external lines in AXON.

I made the Dialing rule to use one line for outbound only.

I set up extensions and use softphones.

I call in on one sip line and it goes to IVM and has a menu to press a number, which transfers back to AXON extension and transfers to employees cell phones.

It did take a little while to get it working, but it is workeing great so far.

So the answer is "Yes it works exceptionally well."

• 1 month later...
I have IVM and AXON, using 2 Broadvoice SIP lines.

It works great.

What I did was put the SIP lines as external lines in AXON.

I made the Dialing rule to use one line for outbound only.

I set up extensions and use softphones.

I call in on one sip line and it goes to IVM and has a menu to press a number, which transfers back to AXON extension and transfers to employees cell phones.

It did take a little while to get it working, but it is workeing great so far.

So the answer is "Yes it works exceptionally well."

what SIP service are you using? I'd like to get mine setup like this as well. I've got subscriptions with 3 services right now looking for the right one.

thanks,

greg