MixPad - Phase reverse

Iain

15 hours ago, TECH Support said:

Ca you please provide more details so we can further assist?

All hardware recording consoles have a "Phase Invert (Reverse) button on each channel. I use this when recording drums with two mics on the snare drum. The first mic is above and the second below the drum . These two signals are mutually out of phase and so the phase from the second mic needs to be reversed.

Where can i find the Phase switch on MixPad?

• 2 months later...
On 4/7/2020 at 1:30 AM, elk said:

The software does not have the option you are referring to, since that is controlled by a switch in the mixing console or interface you are using. This is not a software feature.

The purpose of using a software (computer based) recording/mixing system is to replace the mixing console. So the software based system needs to have at least the same or more options than the console can offer.  Take a look at ProTools,  Cubase, Reaper etc etc all offer the possibility to reverse phase, which one often needs to do in audio post, when building delays, effects etc.

I use a Focusrite (Neve) interface, the choice of many professionals, which has no phase switch because it is assumed rightly, that such an option will be included in the recording software. 

On 4/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, kabool said:

Did NCH ignored your question? Over 2 months without a reply. Probably they don't have this feature.

I guess this is not a software for the professional music industry.

No reply until your post.  But NCH does not seem to have a good reputation for customer support. if you post a question regarding  ProTools, Steinberg, or Reaper  you can expect a reply to their forums usually on the same day, and a more detailed post to your private or company post box within 24 hrs.  They offer solutions, and do not attempt to pass the buck:-))

This is a shame, because I have been an avid user of the NCH WavePad editor for some time. Excellent.

Before posting here, I tried to find the answer to my question in the MixPad User Guide, quite a skimpy set of notes.

Mixpad also seems to have some serious stability problems.  

Iain