Problems with text overlay

LittlePebble(Lily)

I have edited a video I made and to finish I was going to put text ontop of a color clip. There is a track that says to drag and drop your video, text, and image clips here. However when I do that I am only able to see my text clip with text minus the background or to see the color clip minus the text. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? 

Higher numbered tracks take precedence over lower numbered tracks.

If this is a Videopad-created text clip, placed directly above the color image, it should superimpose.

If it's text with a background that was created somewhere else, it may totally cover the color background.  Files like those should be transparent PNGs, to let the background come through.

image.png

Hi

1. Put your colour clip on Video Track 1
  2. Move the red cursor line to the place where you want the text to appear
  3. Click Add Text on the toolbar
  4. Enter your text into the text editor. It will automatically be loaded to the timeline onto Video Track 2 (or the highest unused Track) at the cursor position.

Normally the text will have a transparent background (chequered area) and the Video clip on Track 1 will show through as in Borate's example image.

Nat

My software will not start due to registration. I purchased it on December 2019. So, I can't try this at the moment to get text overlay to work. I sent a tech support message to the main website and I am waiting on a reply. I will let you guys know when I am able to try resolving this text overlay problem again soon.

Even before registering, the program should start.  Download the latest, install, and see if that resolves the issue.

If overlays remain a problem, please share the project.  It takes only minutes...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

• 4 months later...

What version of Videopad is being used?

Image on track 1;  text on track 2.  No need to fiddle with transparency;  text should appear as shown in the "this is a text overlay" pic above.

Be sure that the text color contrasts with the background or it may not been seen.

Hi John

If the red cursor line does not pass through the text clip on the timeline the text will NOT be seen in the PREVIEW.

Here are the steps once again to add text....

1. Put your  clip or background image on Video Track 1
  2. Move the red cursor line to the place where you want the text to appear
  3. Click Add Text on the toolbar
  4. Select the type of text you require
  5. Enter your text into the text editor. It will automatically be loaded to the timeline onto Video Track 2 (or the highest unused Track) at the cursor position.
  6. To check things are working , move the cursor line so it passes through both the text clip and the background image as shown below...  The Sequence Preview screen will show the text superimposed on the background clip....

aa.jpg

Nat