Part of Audio is messed up after exporting

ASMR Curiosity

Hi,

I have an ASMR Youtube Channel, so everything revolves around sounds. I often use gloves and different objects that make crackling sounds. In the original file, the sound is perfect. After exporting, a very annoying glitchy-alien-sounding sound is added whenever there is crackling like plastic bags sound, latex gloves sounds, rustling leaves sounds etc. The rest of the video where I talk and/or whisper (they are relaxation videos) and manipulate other objects is perfectly fine.

I have been experiencing this issue since I started editing videos 1 year ago but I didn't care much about it at the time, I was just starting my Channel. Now that I'm growing, I'm paying more attention to details like this very annoying audio glitch.

I emailed NCH who suggested exporting using High Quality/Larger Filesize from the Audio Quality/Bitrate drop down menu. It didn't help.

I am posting an unboxing video on Tuesday and it's totally painful to watch as the sound is horrible... Any idea what's causing this? I'm not trying to add any sound effects, I just need the sound to remain as it is in the original file...

Thank for any help you can provide.

We can troubleshoot this if you share the project files.  This isn't difficult, just follow the steps outlined here.  Please mention what VP version is being used.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

@ASMR: I also have similar (and other) audio problems with Videopad from time to time. I don't why it happens, but it only happens if I export my video in MP4 format. Using AVI works perfectly - so I have a workaround at least. Maybe you can try that, I'm really curious, if it works for you, too.

Hi,

Here is the link to my project.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pl9MLNP9tc9U3AAHVSYrDaFGFBb2PZtU

The glitchy sound can be heard here and there in all the video but is especially intense when manipulating plastic bags like from 0:47 to 1:40 and from 11:04 to 11:25

@Dangerfreak I did not have a chance to try what you suggested but I will tonight after work! Can they be uploaded to Youtube as easily?

Thanks!

@borate I hear the same distorted weird noise in your low resolution version :S It's not a constant noise, I don't know how to describe it. Like spikes of glitchy sounds that last only a fraction of second but can be heard multiple times whenever there's plastic or rubbery sound, in all my videos. Are you sure you don't hear anything, when listening to the exact timeframe I provided?

@Dangerfreak I did try exporting it in AVI, the sound is fine but I'm having the hardest time watching the video using either VLC or Windows media player. I can only watch the whole thing, whenever I skip to further in the video, it crashes. Is that normal behavior for an avi file? Never worked with that before. I hope uploading it to Youtube won't crash when viewers want to fast forward...

AVI, using the H264 default codec, looked, sounded and seeked fine in MPC-BE, which is similar to VLC.  No crashes.  The audio bitrate can be increased slightly, if desired.  Click the Default Quality/Filesize blue link and in the Sound Format drop-down list scroll to the top (auto detect) item.

image.png

If you want a still higher bitrate, try the WMV format, which is also accepted by YouTube.  Choose 320kbps in the Sound Format section.

image.png

While using high quality headphones, no tests here revealed any audio artifacts - just the expected crackling.  That said, it's non inconceivable that your ears are hearing high frequency sounds that mine cannot.

If that's the case you might split out the audio track portions that are in question, open the audio effects window and choose EQUALIZER.  Using one of the several options - visual, graphic, parametric - experiment with rolling off the highest frequencies.  Also, try the AMPLIFY effect to slightly lower volume in those areas or even a little compression.

7 hours ago, ASMR Curiosity said:

@Dangerfreak I did try exporting it in AVI, the sound is fine but I'm having the hardest time watching the video using either VLC or Windows media player. I can only watch the whole thing, whenever I skip to further in the video, it crashes. Is that normal behavior for an avi file? Never worked with that before. I hope uploading it to Youtube won't crash when viewers want to fast forward...

At least AVI worked for you, that's a step forward. Skipping (using Windows media player) is quite slow for me, too. However, I didn't have any problems uploading AVIs to YouTube yet, they re-render the video anyway, so watching it there works perfectly.

@borate: Is it possible, that there is a glitch in the aac audio encoder or the way, Videopad treats it? After all the audio problems I faced myself and I heard of, this seems to be very likely. Why should it work with AVI otherwise?

@borate: Is it possible, that there is a glitch in the aac audio encoder or the way, Videopad treats it?

Could be;  there have been issues in the past.  File a bug report.  Note that AVI export offers a range of audio compressors and format settings.