Resolve Missing files

Lisa333

When opening a random video project I have to resolve missing files, which is fine.

But when clicking on RESOLVE, no pop up window appears.  In other words it won't let me resolve and find the missing files... 

Wouldn't wanna load the project and add the missing files individually again.. 

Any thoughts?

btw restarted videopad numerous times, also the PC and installed newest update.....but made no difference

1 minute ago, borate said:

That behavior has never been reported, AFAIK.

You might try to move the files back to their original location.  And test a reinstall of Videopad.  Report back.

I see, 

The funny thing is I never moved the missing files anywhere but remained in the same file location.... 

I just did a reinstallation, but he issue remains

If you upload all source files, plus the vpj control file, and share them with a public link here, someone will attempt to reconstruct the project.

VP certainly should be able to locate the files if their names haven't changed and they haven't been moved.  Why RESOLVE isn't available is a mystery.

Under OPTIONS|DISK tab, Clear Unused Cache Files prior to attempting to load the project.

Hi

"... The funny thing is I never moved the missing files anywhere but remained in the same file location....  "

It seems odd that VP can't find a file (or thinks there is one missing for that particular vpj) if you never moved any of them. Just tested the whole scenario with 7.51 and it all worked correctly.

It might be too late in this particular case but I would suggest following this scenario...... It keeps everything together...

• Create your project
  • Select Save Portable Project As from the File menu. This places ALL the files used and a vpj in the same dated folder.
  • As these are file copies you can if you wish delete the original files to regain the memory space.
  • If you subsequently reload the project from the vpj file nothing will be missing as they were saved all in the same place.
  • There is no problem even if you move the dated folder.
  • If you reload and re-edit the project and then Save Portable Project As again you can simply transfer the new vpj file to the first dated folder and delete the newly copied files (If you added new clips then do the reverse.....delete the old files.

Using this method you will always have unique folder containing a complete set of all the clip[s/images/audio used plus vpj files from every stage of your project.

Nat

Thx will consider and do  that in the future

Just as an add on to my issue. 

It seemed to only happen to older projects where the original files haven't been stored in the project folder itself. 

But still would like to get that issue resolved....