Same Old Problem, Little Response, No Resolution

Rips quickly, sounds great, recommended by professionals, cannot seem to get correct info about ripped materials with either of two choices. Thought I would buy, to get assistance from owner/author but noticed one has to pay extra for any assistance other than this forum. Although there are Admin responses there seem to be no really meaningful responses and from the number of messages with observations, a few having suggestions which worked (some of which included options no longer offered), it seemed valueless to purchase, although it seems to be a really good program. I can only wonder why NCH doesn't just fix the problem. I did find a notice the FeeDB server is going away in 2020 (March, I  think). It does seem odd other rippers, such as Windows Media Player, are able to find the correct information. I am not a novice.

Edited by rick1303
I am not a novice.
  • 1 month later...

I have a licensed copy of Express Rip and was using it fairly successfully up until the computer I had used it on (WIN XP) crashed and burned a few days ago. I always had limited luck with freedb complete information (MusicBrainz server). I would get the correct information on one or two of the CDs in a commercial release CD set, then get completely different information for the others. No rhyme nor reason.  I reinstalled the product on my laptop computer (Windows 7) and can no longer access the freedb software database for CD information. In investigating this database, I find that it is not searching directly on site. I tried a different laptop and got the same result.  This is a big negative for this product, since you have to type in all product information on every CD you rip which is time consuming.