Videopad free exporting damaged videos

spiritualbody

Damaged in what way?  Any error messages?

What format are the source files?

What export format/settings are specified?

What version of VP is in use?  Try the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

If this doesn't help, please share your project so someone can check it out.  It isn't difficult.  Here's how...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Thank you for your response!
Here is a wetransfer link with the project files - https://we.tl/t-MGeXr4V5Ir

The error message is that after export and I try to watch in quicktime, it says the file may be damaged and can't play. I can watch .mov in MPEG streamclip and VLC but cannot convert it into a different codec for my comp to natively play.

The source files are mp4 & mov.

Export settings, I've done various kinds and they all don't work. I tried changing frame rate - it was shot in 30fps on my camera and I dunno what my samsungs9 records in, one clip is being used from there, that is the mp4. 

Latest version is being used as I downloaded the program yesterday.

Thank you again! It's disheartening to finish a project and then I can't use it! I hope I can get it to work. 

19 hours ago, borate said:

Damaged in what way?  Any error messages?

What format are the source files?

What export format/settings are specified?

Don't have Quicktime for Windows here, but the project plays well in MPC-BE, which has capabilities similar to VLC. 

QT is dated and, for Windows at least, is no longer supported by Apple, but you might try reinstalling the most recent version if that player is your only option.

Hi

Your Wetransfer files do not have the vpj file so it's not possible to recreate your project here.

If you use the VP File option..  Save  Portable  Project As  all the necessary files including a vpj file will save to a dated folder and these (or the folder) can be uploaded.

Nat

8 minutes ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Your Wetransfer files do not have the vpj file so it's not possible to recreate your project here.

If you use the VP File option..  Save  Portable  Project As  all the necessary files including a vpj file will save to a dated folder and these (or the folder) can be uploaded.

Nat

Yes, there is. Check the very last file.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:05 AM, borate said:

Don't have Quicktime for Windows here, but the project plays well in MPC-BE, which has capabilities similar to VLC. 

QT is dated and, for Windows at least, is no longer supported by Apple, but you might try reinstalling the most recent version if that player is your only option.

Ohhhh, I wonder if that might the issue! Maybe just Qt is broken. I have had issues with other apps not giving support as this an older machine as well (from 2009 but it is updated to MacOSX High Sierra, which is like 2015ish I think) I'll give that a go and then try uploading to Youtube as well. Thank you!

Hi Spiritualb

"......... Yes, there is. Check the very last file. ....."

Sorry, all I could see listed was...........

aa.jpg

....so I assumed that was all there was.

As it happens I just tried a download but my PC indicated a transfer time of around 4 hours for the 1.4 GB zip!  As the total shown was 555 MB I assume there are other files not visible.

Nat