files will no longer load

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using Express Scribe Pro and loading m4a files without a problem. Now it does not recognize this file format! I was told to update the software (done) and am on the latest version. I have purchased Pro ($49.99) and registered it today. Still does not work. What is going on???

Are you having this issue with every single m4a file you load? Can you please play those files outside Express Scribe and let us know if you are able to play them successfully? If you are not able to do this is because the files are corrupted.  Please try with other file types and let us know. If the issue continues, please open a support ticket here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=Scribe&support

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2019 at 4:48 PM, Albanygirl said:

I’m having similar issues! I am using WavePad pro with mp3s (and have been for about 7 years). I did the forced update from the new Mac update and got a new registration code for pro version and am having all kinds of issues. At first it wouldn’t even open mp3s. So per tech email support, I re-registered. Then I get it to do open mp3s. But now any file I edit with wavepad becomes corrupted, unusable, and won’t open . They opened and played fine before I save the edits made with wave pro. I even restarted my computer to see if that may make it so I could play those files but it didn’t work. They won’t open in Apple Music, quick time, or even back in wavepad. Please help. What can I do?

Hello,

If the files you save from the program are corrupted I would suggest you reinstall the program again but make sure you uninstall the program first, open ¨Finder¨ move the program icon into the trash and empty the trash. When done restart your Mac and when the Mac is back on reinstall the program. Then test, if this does not work I would suggest you reach out to NCH technical support again.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

I am having a similar problem on Windows. I create audio mp3 files for radio on a program called Virtual DJ. I then edit them on Wavepad. I have been doing this for about a year, consistently, with no problems. Then all of a sudden today I got error messages as I tried to open a particular file. First I got a window with a red X error message on it saying that it could not open the file. After several failed attempts with the same result, I restarted my computer and I was able to open the file. But when I tried to open another file, I got another error message -- this time with no red window but with a simple message stating: "Wavepad could not open the file "[file location]" for editing." But this only happened with the new files I created today. I tried opening older files and had no difficulty. The new files had the same program, same basic content (voice and music) and approximate lengths as before -- nothing I haven't done literally hundreds of times before, but all of a sudden, Wavepad is not opening newly created files. 

Any suggestions, please? I use this for radio productions. It's a great product, I just want it to work as before.

Further information: It may be that at least some of the problem lies with Virtual DJ, not WavePad, because when I tried to play the same file on Groove Music media player, I got a message that the file was corrupted and could not be played. So I don't want to waste anyone's time trying to solve a problem that may have been created by another app. However, that does not explain the first error message I got on WavePad. Investigation continues, and suggestions still welcome.